Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I too usually see a ship notice before a return notice. If I drop in the mail on Saturday before mail is picked up I will typically have the next disc shipped out on Monday/Tuesday and will receive it on Wednesday/Thursday. If I drop on Sunday or Monday, I will get the next disc shipped on Wednesday with delivery on Friday.

Don't know what happened, but my turnaround time for movies has gotten 100% better in the last couple of weeks.

When Blockbuster 1st started disks were coming in 4 or 5 days.

When I had Netflix was almost consistently 3 days.

Now Blockbuster is taking 8 days. Here's an example:

5/05 - Sat - returned Movie A
5/09 - Wed - notice they recvd Movie A
5/10 - Thur - notice they're shpg Movie B
5/14 - Mon - recvd The Movie B

This is not the 1st time this has happened. I only live 100 miles from mail location. They seemed to move into slow motion mode.

Mine were going to Baton Rouge, La which is 45 miles away, but the last 3 went to Houston, Tx. which is 315 miles away!
It now takes 7 days to get a disc, whereas it used to be 3. I can't believe there isn't a closer center in Louisiana or Mississippi.

Before I cancelled BB service a couple weeks ago, it was taking 3-4 days for disks to get recorded as received when I sent them back and about 3 days to receive them when shipped. My biggest issue was that my que was full of disks which had a short wait or long wait so that added several says in between the mailing a disk to me, since none were available. I only received 2 disks the last month I had BB so went back to Netflix as they have the disks available without a wait and 1 day to get my disks.

Mine were going to Baton Rouge, La which is 45 miles away, but the last 3 went to Houston, Tx. which is 315 miles away!
It now takes 7 days to get a disc, whereas it used to be 3. I can't believe there isn't a closer center in Louisiana or Mississippi.

Mine were coming from Houston and were taking two days to Pensacola, Florida. Must be a local mail problem. I now get them from Atlanta and also in two days.

Still getting good delivery time, dropped of last DVD at blockbuster on Sunday received movie today

Mine are coming quite well, thank you- snappy, even. But all I'm ordering is StarGate, which may not be in high demand.

My movies were always going back to Sacramento. Like someone else mentioned I often got a mailing notice before I got the return notice, so I usually could have a movie in my hands about every 4 days.

Now my movies are suddenly going back to San Jose, which is three times farther away. Turn around times have plummeted and I will be lucky to manage 3 a month.

I probably won't keep Blockbuster if this is how service is going to stay.

The local Blockbuster store was closed so using the store to improve service isn't possible. Did they close Sacramento or something?

You can get that title in Bluray for $6. at WalMart.com,or $5. at the Target store in the Bluray section.;):D

He can also get the movie at Amazon for $5. I don't think he's talking about the move, he's getting StarGate SG-1, the TV series.....

Blockbuster has been pretty consistant for me. They mail my disc out on Monday from Lansing, MI (I live in a northern suburb of Detroit, MI) and it arrives on Wednsday or Thursday. I usually trade it in at my local BBV store on Friday and return that disc on Saturday or Sunday. They then mail out the next disc on Monday and the whole process begins again. Now that I have my rotation down, I'm getting more movies than I was with my old Netflix one out at a time plan. Since there was no b&m trade-in, We had to really push ourselves to watch everything as soon as it came in. I was averaging 3 discs every two weeks that way.

Yes, the TV series.

The disc on its way will close out season one; then it's on to season two.

BB adds claim 90% of their customers get their movies overnight. Mine always take two days. Is anyone getting them overnight?

BB adds claim 90% of their customers get their movies overnight. Mine always take two days. Is anyone getting them overnight?

About two days for me. Though I have not mailed mine back using postal service. I have just dropped them off at my local Blockbuster, I am thinking having a blockbuster close to me is a plus with the service for turn around time?

Two days for me as well. Plus one day between receipt of old disk and waking up the staff to send out the next one. Netflix regularly did same-day turnaround and they work on Saturday too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts