Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

Humm....I was told the same thing from my local blockbuster today, maybe that is the case and I have the one disk plan

Que was updated with a video game being sent, I think I will believe what I was told on the servers being moved causing the delay. I say this because prior to this when I was dropping off movies and blockbuster the turn around time was very good

It takes 2-3 days normaly but the take the movie to store for exchange slows things down. I took a mailer to my Blockbuster store Monday and exchanged it and returned my store movie the next day and my que never showed the return. 4 days and the que has not been updated.

I just noticed this as well. I turned in a movie on Tuesday at the Post Office.

2 days later, still nothing has shipped.

I don't remember them being this slow before.

Last edited:
Heck, mine SPED UP this week. I dropped a disc in the mail on Tues. Got notification of new disc out on Wed., and received disc today. That's one day earlier than normal.

They received my return over a week ago and still nothing. And most of the movies in my queue are not new releases either. This is the slowest I've seen it.

I have twice had to report my mailed DVD already returned to my store, and they eventually acknowledge it's receipt and get the queue going again. But in both cases, my exchanged DVD never did appear in my rental history.

I have twice had to report my mailed DVD already returned to my store, and they eventually acknowledge it's receipt and get the queue going again. But in both cases, my exchanged DVD never did appear in my rental history.

Yes, the last two weeks has been pretty bad for this. Like you, neither of the in-store discs are in my history. Just like last week, I traded-in my disc to my local BBV store on Friday and returned the in-store disc on Sunday. I did not receive an email for either transaction. I once again reported the problem at BB Online and guess what? A message popped up that I have had too many problems being reported and I won't be getting any discs shipped to me until the mail order disc is back at the warehouse! WTF! I'm reporting their problems to them and they act like I'm the problem! I've been lucky by not experiencing the horror stories I've read here and at other forums and tried to be calm about the little things that have gone wrong, but jeez that message really ticked me off. I did email support and haven't gotten back anything yet. Tomorrow, I'll call the toll free number and give them hell if I still haven't heard anything.

I added BB@Home on Friday, but cannot setup my Queue until Monday because I didnt have the button on MyDish... (it tooks 48 hours to appear, but yet they charge you since the first day, not 48 hours later :rolleyes:) Anyway, I choose my queue and one title was listed as Available Now... and haven't received an email saying it was shipped. I checked this morning and the title who say NOW, is changed to Very Long Wait, and I dont even have one title who is available, everyone is Short Wait, to Very Long Wait, even one was Unavailable, so I deleted it. But Im stil waiting for a disc to be shipped.

I once again reported the problem at BB Online and guess what? A message popped up that I have had too many problems being reported and I won't be getting any discs shipped to me until the mail order disc is back at the warehouse!

Yup; same here. Apparently they count up to 3 problems and pop this up:

Due to the unusual number of disc problems reported on your account, we are unable to send you another title until this problem is resolved.

I think they moved their data center out into the Gulf of Mexico! It sure isn't online and working.

My movies are still being shipped at a very acceptable rate, but the one thing I noticed is for the last two I have not received any email updates like I used to....

I just checked and a movie was shipped, but I got no email saying that either.

maybe a dumb question, but in "settings" do you have it set to email you?

and by the way, since my last post in this thread, it has continued to be slow, and maybe slower than before, i really dont want to change to netflix again,but they are so much faster than this is right now for me.

I only have 1 out at a time, and cycle it every week. This is the first week I haven't gotten any email notifications of returns or send out. There also seemed to be a big delay in sending out this week. I returned on Sunday (I know, just like dropping on Monday), but the next disc didn't mail out until today. Usually it is on Wednesday...

Kind of strange but good thing that happend to me. I am one the one disk at a time program. I returned a disk to blockbuster so I picked out another one last week from Blockbuster, well yesterday in the mail I received a disk, but I have not returned my disk yet from blockbuster.

So when I go to blockbuster I will return the mail copy and get another one and return the other DVD I got from blockbuster :)

Last edited:
That was not supposed to happen. It's apparent that our local BB stores aren't communicating (fully) to the (new?) corporate data center.

I received a reply to my initial email yesterday. I was sent a coupon for a free in-store rental. I guess some csr's are coming back online.

That was not supposed to happen. It's apparent that our local BB stores aren't communicating (fully) to the (new?) corporate data center.

Yea I am thinking the same as my delay at first was related to the move to the new center.....But hey I will take it for now!

Well, this is getting more bizarre by the day! After getting the nasty popup saying I have reported too many problems and they won't ship me any further disks until they verify the mailed disk is back at the warehouse, the exchanged store disk has taken it's place under Disks at Home! I already returned that one yesterday morning. Now, apparently, I have to go back to my store and discuss the problem with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)