Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

A few weeks ago I cleared out my queue at Blockbuster...

Today I got notice that one of the disc's that I had in my queue (but was removed weeks ago) has shipped.

Just going to open it up and return it since I already got it from Redbox.

Did you get rid of Blockbuster @ Home, or are you just subbing to it for the 22 or so channels without using the one disc at a time option?

Granted, I've only rec'd two discs, but they came much quicker than I expected.

Received my first disk today and see that my distribution center is in Lansing Michigan, just a few hours away, hopefully that helps with disk shipments :)

I dropped the entire Blockbuster and channels month ago. I added back only the Epix channels for $7.00 . I really didn't watch much else in the plat pack anyway.

When i first signed up for the BB movie pass discs were shipped to me very quickly. Over the past cpl months i too have noticed that almost all of my bluray discs in queue have "short wait" or very long wait, but they never ship. I went to my local BB to rent the new movies since they haven't been shipping. The only catch there is 2$ late fee charged for everyday the movie is late. The only way to avoid the late fee is if you have a BB movie pass envelope...........hard to avoid if they never ship!!!!
I like the BB movie pass but i wont rely on it soley for new movies being shipped. I want it to work out since i live in a rural area. Until then i will use my Vudu streaming and maybe BB will ship me a movie.

Last edited:
After waiting about a week and a half, Blockbuster has finally shipped me a disk...and the disk was number one in my queue!

What is strange is that there were 3 disks in my queue of 16 that were 'available', however they waited and shipped me the first disk in my queue which was listed as 'very long wait'. Perhaps Blockbuster has mixed up the shipping options of 'Speed' vs 'Order'. My shipping options are set to 'Speed': Send my next available movie as quickly as possible.

Since I'm watching a series, SG-1, I'm glad they have the "in order" option.

A few weeks ago I cleared out my queue at Blockbuster...

Today I got notice that one of the disc's that I had in my queue (but was removed weeks ago) has shipped.

Just going to open it up and return it since I already got it from Redbox.

That's happened to me twice. They need to fix that bug in their computer system.

One time I put the Blu-ray version of Scream 4 at the top of my queue. It was on Short Wait. So I put the DVD version at #2 which was listed as Available. The idea being that I would accept the DVD version if they couldn't give me the Blu-ray. They ended up sending me the Blu-ray version which made me very happy. So I took off the DVD version from my queue.

A few days later after I watched Scream 4, I sent back the Blu-ray and instead of getting my next movie in my queue, they sent me the DVD version of Scream instead.

:rolleyes:
After waiting about a week and a half, Blockbuster has finally shipped me a disk...and the disk was number one in my queue!

What is strange is that there were 3 disks in my queue of 16 that were 'available', however they waited and shipped me the first disk in my queue which was listed as 'very long wait'. Perhaps Blockbuster has mixed up the shipping options of 'Speed' vs 'Order'. My shipping options are set to 'Speed': Send my next available movie as quickly as possible.

Same deal here Tony. I've had 4 showing available (out of 28 titles listed) since last Saturday and still no sign of them shipping. WTH???:rolleyes:

Ed

Darn oh well, lucky I have a blockbuster still very close to home still...that I guess will help a bit

That will help a LOT. My closest is about at least an hour round trip. Too far to bother with. My turn around time has been pretty decent until lately, dunno what's going on.

Ed

That will help a LOT. My closest is about at least an hour round trip. Too far to bother with. My turn around time has been pretty decent until lately, dunno what's going on.

Ed

Yea it's one of the few in our area, seems to do well business wise, always seems to have good traffic hopefully it stays open

Hugo was showing a "very long wait" and I got it Thursday. Not sure how lucky I got, but I am still a happy camper.

Happy for ya.

What I don't understand is having tiltles showing as available for over a week and still nothing shipped.:mad::rant:

Ed

Dish Blockbuster@Home lies! I keep an average of 30 titles in the queue and yet they still only ship me 1-2 per month. I discovered the DVD rental History and find that they show me receiving and returning 7 disks that same month! WTF is that all about? The titles are all in my queue but the history is not only false it also shows an overlap in dates, How could that be since I'm only allowed 1 out at a time?
The last 3D I rented I returned the next day and it shows I kept it out for 10 days. I have never kept a rental out for 10 days in my life! During that time I supposedly rented and returned two others. I selected a title that has shown available NOW for NOW over a month and haven't received it yet for the past 2 weeks it shows I have no titles out.

I really need to cancel this scam they created! I feel really ripped off by Dish Network.

Dish Blockbuster@Home lies! I keep an average of 30 titles in the queue and yet they still only ship me 1-2 per month. I discovered the DVD rental History and find that they show me receiving and returning 7 disks that same month! WTF is that all about? The titles are all in my queue but the history is not only false it also shows an overlap in dates, How could that be since I'm only allowed 1 out at a time?
The last 3D I rented I returned the next day and it shows I kept it out for 10 days. I have never kept a rental out for 10 days in my life! During that time I supposedly rented and returned two others. I selected a title that has shown available NOW for NOW over a month and haven't received it yet for the past 2 weeks it shows I have no titles out.

I really need to cancel this scam they created! I feel really ripped off by Dish Network.

You are obviously returning the disc to your local store, which removes them from your "disc at home" queue. But the movies stay in your rented queue until the distribution center gets that disc back. Your local store throws the disc in a box and when the box is full mails it back to the distribution center. The distribution center then puts a date received in your rented history queue. Come on Don, you know this.:D

jerry: you don't know what you're talking about. How could it be obvious? The e-mail reports I get are completely different than the history page that can be brought up on my account. You don't need to be making up fiction to help Dish Network. That ain't gonna work with me. I've tried both ways and neither makes a difference on the response from the distribution center. Fact is the in store Movie pass (which has nothing to do with DishNetwork as I'm in total control of the frequency I exchange my 2 out at a time for $30 a month ) is far better than this Dish intrusion into the mail business. There is no reason why I can mail a disk to Daytona which is overnight except Sunday that and they send me an e-mail the next day they have received it, that it then takes them a week or more to ship the next disk. (Unless of course they just don't have any inventory) And that my friend is all I'm saying, they either are lazy or they don't have adequate inventory to meet the demand.

Maybe it is that Dish is monitoring this section and is now responding but since the 20th of March I haven't seen anything from BB@Home and today I got an e-mail they are sending me another 3D disk for Piranha. I should have it tomorrow if they are to their word but the e-mail said they sent it today and it will be here Thursday. The last time I got some action on this I posted in these threads. I think they are teaching me this posting here is part of the process. :)

BTW- My store got that 3D copy in months ago and another checked it out and never returned it. So, I put it in my queue.

Here's a suggestion if Dish is monitoring- Want to increase your mail disk inventory? My store I use has thousands of Blu ray "previously viewed" for sale for as cheap as 5 for $20. About 25% of the store floor space is stacked up with them. Pull that inventory and send it to Daytona center. I think they could use it better than just sitting in the store taking up floor space.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)