Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

BB service is just very hit & miss. I go weeks at a time w/o a problem, then Wham! All of a sudden it seems like deliveries come to a stand still and I'm getting the DVDs on the bottom of my list very slowly. IMO, it still beats paying the high price of Netflix since they changed their pricing terms.

Ghpr13:usa

BB service is just very hit & miss. I go weeks at a time w/o a problem, then Wham! All of a sudden it seems like deliveries come to a stand still and I'm getting the DVDs on the bottom of my list very slowly. IMO, it still beats paying the high price of Netflix since they changed their pricing terms.

I know, but I feel better letting them know how I feel about it....not that they care....:rolleyes:

Whats really bugging me about BB is that I take the time to search for movies I want (usually in BR), and I find what I want, put it in my queue, then when I look at my queue, at the bottom of the page are all these movies that are not even available. An example is the original Walking Tall. It's shows when you look through the listing of movies, but then on the queue page it comes up as Unavailable. Plus BB has a number of 2 in 1 movie packs, like Firefox and some other Clint Eastwood movie. I pick it, and again it comes up as unavailable. Not one of the "double" pack movies come up as being available! If the movie is not available at all why does BB list it? Or at the very least, on the page describing the movie, it should be noted that "This movie is not yet available at this time." Adding a bunch of movies that do not exist is just falsifying the amount of movies BB has to choose from. This gets very frustrating after searching for 30 to 60 minutes looking for movies to add to your queue, then finding out 2/3 of them don't even exist.

BTW: I was able to purchase "Walking Tall" the complete set of all 3 movies, in DVD for only $20.00 through Amazon Prime. I really enjoy the first movie, and didn't care if I got the other two, but all three for $20.00 I couldn't pass up. I would have like to gotten it in BR, but I think it be a long time before a BR disc is out.:)
Ghpr13:mad:

I can't prove it, but they (Blockbuster) intentionally adds an extra day of delay wherever possible to limit the number of disks they have to mail.

With Blockbuster (One disk per week maximum):

I return a disk on Saturday.
The disk disappears from my disks at home list on Monday.
I receive an emailed received disk confirmation on Tuesday.
I receive an email stating they are shipping my next disk on Wednesday.
They don't ship till Thursday (I can't prove this).
I receive a disk on Friday.
Cycle starts over.

With Netflix (Two disks per week maximum):

I return a disk on Saturday.
I receive an emailed received disk confirmation on Monday.
I receive an email stating they are shipping my next disk on Monday.
I receive a disk on Tuesday.
I return a disk on Wednesday.
I receive an emailed received disk confirmation on Thursday.
I receive an email stating they are shipping my next disk on Thursday.
I receive a disk on Friday.
Cycle starts over.

I have also had multiple two week periods of time where they don't ship anything even though I have 20+ disks in my queue. Each time it takes a call to customer service to get a new disk.

I finally gave up on both services. I just buy movies used off Amazon after they have been out a week or two. I can usually snag a used Blu for $15.

One of the main problems is that they have closed many of the mailing centers. This puts an extra burden on the remaining centers and increases the mailing time, since the centers are farther away. I live in Pensacola. they had a Pensacola center, but closed it right after I joined. I got disc from the Pensacola center the next day. Then, for a month or so I got them from Houston. But for the last six months, my disc having been coming from Atlanta, Ga. Who knows what happened to the Houston Center.

Let's see. I get 4 or 5 SG-1 episodes on a single disc, plus extras. I can't watch all that in a single week. I'm happy, but I can see where single movie discs would be a whole different story.

My disk mailings take two days typically, I am on single disk plan. Maybe it helps since the distribution center is on my state or is thy typical?

Last edited:

BB@Home is a better deal, when you include the extra tv channels. But if you aren't a Dish subscriber, BB is only better if you want (older) games. Netflix disc by mail, including BD's, is the same price as BB. I was a disc customer with Netflix (still have streaming) for years, and they have a lot more choices than BB has. That's why we went with them in the first place.

BB@Home is a better deal, when you include the extra tv channels. But if you aren't a Dish subscriber, BB is only better if you want (older) games. Netflix disc by mail, including BD's, is the same price as BB. I was a disc customer with Netflix (still have streaming) for years, and they have a lot more choices than BB has. That's why we went with them in the first place.

I agree with Netflix having more choices in DVDs an BDs...I've been a little surprised at times at BB not having certain disc available.
Ghpr13:)

If it weren't "free" for me as a Dish subscriber I would have dropped them like a rock. Latest example: dropped the BRD in the mail last Tuesday. Received an email from BB only today (Monday) that they received it. Still no email about the next disc being shipped so best case is that it will be shipped Tuesday and I will receive it on Wednesday. This is with the DC being close to me (Chicagoland). Pretty sad state of affairs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If it weren't "free" for me as a Dish subscriber I would have dropped them like a rock. Latest example: dropped the BRD in the mail last Tuesday. Received an email from BB only today (Monday) that they received it. Still no email about the next disc being shipped so best case is that it will be shipped Tuesday and I will receive it on Wednesday. This is with the DC being close to me (Chicagoland). Pretty sad state of affairs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You got it...that's why I complain to BB/Dish, never have gotten a formal reply though, just a, we'll pass it along. :deadhorse:

I agree with poor service. I made BB aware 11/19/12 I had not received my latest disk and they reported that it was mailed on the 12th, I received it today.
I live in northern Maine and the closest facility is Boston. If it wasn't for the additional channels included in BB, I would cancel.
I used to subscribe to Netflix, but when they changed their pricing I canceled. But their user interface on their website, streaming and quick shipping was far better than BB.

The first time a disc was late (four days), I pushed the problem button and let them know on day three that I did not get my disc. It came the next day and they mailed me the same disc again that same day. So, I had to wait until the second disc arrived and turn it in at my local store, gefore BB would mail me another disc. This took an extra week in total. So, yesterday, my disc did not come on day three, I just waited until day four and it came. Faster than complaining, which delays your whole mailing system another week just to get two if the same discs. WOW! What a system.

Before the block buster at home it was a great service. Day turn around. Now they suck, 10 days sometimes for turnaround, it is brutal. About ready to drop my second disc as there is no benefit. It is like they make it purposefully slow as to save on postage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)