Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

And after few times you hit the problem button they no longer send you a replacement disc immediately and you have wait for them to receive your copy first. Once I returned a disc and when after a week I didn't get an acknowledgment email I hit the problem button. They refused to send me my next disc. I ended up complaining to a Dish customer service rep and he cleared the issue. When I returned my 2nd disc I suddenly received 2 emails on the same day that the first disc was received as well as the second one. Too much coincidence for my taste. Something is broken in their system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My Distribution center is about two hours from where I live, not sure if this plays a role but it works out pretty good for me as I am getting disks in about two days. The lucky part of it is I still have a blockbuster open very close to my house. Intresting that they have a posting for a Dish sales person for blockbuster store that should be a intresting mix inside the blockbuster. Even with the red boxes of the world the video store still gets good traffic

It's not the distance. I live about 25 miles from the DC and my turn around time is about a week. I normally get the disc the day after I receive the shipping notification from BB so I don't think it's the USPS to blame. I wish I could stick a transmitting GPS in one of these envelopes to see where it is going and where it is spending its time.

It's not the distance. I live about 25 miles from the DC and my turn around time is about a week. I normally get the disc the day after I receive the shipping notification from BB so I don't think it's the USPS to blame.

I also don't believe it's the USPS to blame. I'm about 10 mi out from DC and I never get the disk the day after they claim they shipped it! If BB emails a ship notification on Friday, I don't get the disk until Wednesday at the earliest.

Not sure why some have to wait so long...they will send me a dvd on monday will receive it 95% of the time on tuesday...only once or twice has it come in 2 days

My BB disc are mailed from Atlanta DC. I usually get them on day two after mailing. Sometimes on day three as promised, but twice they came on day four. Is it BB or USPS. I don't care, they should not have closed the Pensacola DC, where I got one day service.

Since Im a new install, I decided to give them a try again (been about 14 months). Signed up for the "2 Discs out at a time | Unlimited discs by mail", not bad IMO if mailing is decent since you get all those HD channels added on.

I'm in Tallahassee and also get sent from the ATL DC. I am lucky to get 3 days on the low end.Which makes no sense because I live like 70 miles closer to ATL.Turn around time is an awful 9 days low end from when I mail back a movie and get something at home.

I have kept Blockbuster for the past two months with Greencine, due to me having $5 and $10 discounts both months due to such slow speeds/me having to complain near daily.I am having to evaluate both services, as paying $21.95 on Greencine for 4 out at a time + $16.95 there (without coupons) for 3 at a time wouldn't practical.

Selection and speed/turn around are the most important factors for me.Which unfortunately based on my viewing habits seem to break even.Took the movies from my Blockbuster queue and searched on Greencine this is the breakdown on here

Request to Rent - 2
Not in search at all -3
Green Bar - 3
Blue Bar - 0
Other Color bar -7 (akin to longer than short weight.)

Netflix won't take my payment at all, I'm not a redbox new release only guy.No local Blockbuster or any local rental.My internet struggles with streaming even youtube videos.I don't have BB@Home,just by mail.

Since Im a new install, I decided to give them a try again (been about 14 months). Signed up for the "2 Discs out at a time | Unlimited discs by mail", not bad IMO if mailing is decent since you get all those HD channels added on.

Not sure if you have any blockbusters open around you....but if you do makes it that much better. But many have had blockbusters close around them. I am lucky to still have one very close to me

Mine closed few months back. The local video store is still going strong but somehow BB couldn't survive.

Everything in my queue is a wait. mostly long or very long.... Including Breaking bad season 1 which is over 4 years old... Pathetic. Think I will cancel it. I don't use the streaming either.

Last edited:
Everything in my queue is a wait. mostly long or very long.... Including Breaking bad season 1 which is over 4 years old... Pathetic. Think I will cancel it. I don't use the streaming either.

That's what irritates me the most about BB. Movies or shows that have been out a long, long time, you still have to wait for. It's like the have 1 of each DVD only. I use to get upset going to their BB stores too. In the "New Release" section, there would be movies that were released a year ago on DVD. How could these be considered a "New Release"? Never made any sense.

Ghpr13:)

My BB store has a section for releases that are in the last 30 days. Then another section that are recent releases for older than 30 days. Then the shelves are sectioned by genre for older dvds..

When we have BBMP with Dish, does that allow streaming from BB online? I have the 2 disc plan.
Ghpr13:confused:

That's what irritates me the most about BB. Movies or shows that have been out a long, long time, you still have to wait for. It's like the have 1 of each DVD only. I use to get upset going to their BB stores too. In the "New Release" section, there would be movies that were released a year ago on DVD. How could these be considered a "New Release"? Never made any sense.

Ghpr13:)

I really don't see how Dish justifies charging for BB. I got a year for free for various reasons but if I had to pay.....? They apparently have only a few popular or new releases copies because if you pick a new release for the queue you either wait in some cases for weeks, or get a movie down the queue which is available currently....way down the queue... or they discriminate against promotional customers (non paying) and the paying ones....This is routine, today got a message I was receiving the 9th pick on my queue, I have 11 in the queue. I have no experience with any of the other rental houses, maybe they all do this...but I doubt it..
On the other hand this feature may be in the process of being phased out, or at the least a sever cut in available inventories, many stores have closed also.... Regardless paying customers or anyone else should not be expected to put up with this type of shallow business. If BB/Dish must go deep into a customers queue for an available movie something is very wrong....:coffee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts