Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

Prior to the Bb@home package, there was a package called dish platinum. That package had about 20 hd channels that were basically only available in that package and it was $10. That was re branded to Bb@home and the price stayed the same but you also get 1 disc by mail. For $10, 20+ channels, streaming on my tv, one disc by mail and streaming on my iPad l, I don't see this as a bad deal at all. My bill stayed the same and I had features added. I rent video games so for me, this package is awesome. And I watch the channels in this package all the time, Palladia, hd net and many more.

The charge for BB has little to do with DVD/BDs. The charge is related to the extra channels, most in HD that come with it. It used to be called Platinum.

I think the point is the service for the DVD portion of this sucks! I'm aware of Velocity and other channels included, I watch them. I'm in the service business, if my business supplied second rate service I would be out of business...

I think the point is the service for the DVD portion of this sucks! I'm aware of Velocity and other channels included, I watch them. I'm in the service business, if my business supplied second rate service I would be out of business...

No disagreement there...

I actually got a "you have reported too many problems" warning while trying to report a dvd as returned but not cleared queue (had to mail 2 in 1 return envelope due to one arriving unusable as a return envelope and only 1 cleared at home). Mind you I have never reported an issue before the 3 day mark, and i have been a member for less than 4 months.Nothing has gotten lost either, just slow both ways.Now it's looking like I am going to have to wait an extra day to get anything shipped out.

Three weeks ago I contacted BB/Dish support via email about the slowness and lo and behold my service improved substantially. Now BB receives the DVD the day after I mail it to them and ship the next one the same day. I don't know if it has anything to do with my complaint and whether this improvement will last but one can only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Three weeks ago I contacted BB/Dish support via email about the slowness and lo and behold my service improved substantially. Now BB receives the DVD the day after I mail it to them and ship the next one the same day. I don't know if it has anything to do with my complaint and whether this improvement will last but one can only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same here.....:)

It really seems to vary by area, my turn around time is pretty good. I am lucky enough to still have a blockbuster still open. In fact they really have a lot of promotion for Dish/Hopper

I returned a movie to the store on Dec 11. they sent me the notification that day and then BB sent the email that they got the DVD on the 13th.... They still haven't shipped the next one.

I returned a movie to the store on Dec 11. they sent me the notification that day and then BB sent the email that they got the DVD on the 13th.... They still haven't shipped the next one.

How many do you have in your queue that are marked available NOW?

Well, that's the thing... I have none available, because what I have is what I want... I checked through the titles and everything that's available I am not interested in.
What I have done before is that I just order something available just to get the disc and exchange it at the store, but the games that I want are not 99 cents a day and then I cannot change them at the store.

Sometimes I think that they inventory is too short and they just add games and movies with "Short Wait" et al just to make you feel they will actually ship it to you, but they didn't even have the item.

And you wonder why they haven't mailed you your next disc, maybe its' because you have none available. I have 22 in my queue available and over 43 in my queue, so when I exchange them at my local store, I always get the latest release available from my queue.

Dropped off my DVD at BB on Saturday, received my email today that next one should be to me by Thursday. Would not be shocked if I had it on Wednesday

Dropped off my dvd at BB and BB@H sent email Friday stating they had mailed me the next disc and I should receive it on Tuesday, Dec 25th. I wonder if Santa Clause is going to bring it, since the mail does not run on Dec 25th. :D

Mailed back the 19th, got there the 24th and the movies that weren't in my queue and sent out won't get here until the 27th.

Still very good response for me.

The mailman picked up my return on 12/24. On 12/26 at 07:20 I received an email that my next disc had been shipped. I received the disc in today's mail (12/27). Even without the holiday, they can't do much better than that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts