Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

A little disappointed went to do a in store exchange for Hotel Transylvania for the kids since they had no school today. It was to be released today, BB won't have until Friday

A little disappointed went to do a in store exchange for Hotel Transylvania for the kids since they had no school today. It was to be released today, BB won't have until Friday
Probably buying it from a store and need the extra time to re-package everything. I noticed with Frankenweenie that my local store bought the BD/DVD combo pac and re-packaged them as separate rentals.

I asked my local BB when they would get Hotel Transylvania, and they said, "Never. We're closing on the 1st." :(

I haven't received a new movie in 3 weeks and yet at least 2 have shown as "Available" at all times.

I have the same experience. I mailed in my last DVD on 01-08-13, and it has taken until today for the status to change from "We are processing your next shipment" to "processing". It has been over three weeks, and they still have not mailed my next disk!

I have about 10 DVDs in my queue and only one is listed as available.

Probably buying it from a store and need the extra time to re-package everything. I noticed with Frankenweenie that my local store bought the BD/DVD combo pac and re-packaged them as separate rentals.

I am going tonight to check to see if Hotel Transelvania is now at BB

I think Dish needs to intervene and take care of how BB is being run. The way it's going right now, they're going to have customer dropping BB cause it's just not worth it. My biggest gripe is BB listing movies that they have in their inventory when your searching, only to add it your Queue, and then find out that movie isn't even available. That's like inflating the number of movies that they actually have which really borders on fraud.
Ghpr13:mad:

I think Dish needs to intervene and take care of how BB is being run. The way it's going right now, they're going to have customer dropping BB cause it's just not worth it. My biggest gripe is BB listing movies that they have in their inventory when your searching, only to add it your Queue, and then find out that movie isn't even available. That's like inflating the number of movies that they actually have which really borders on fraud.
Ghpr13:mad:

Dish has intervened. That's why 300 more stores are closing, and I'm sure by this time next year, we'll be talking about the entire operation going away. Dish didn't buy Blockbuster to improve disc rentals, they bought it for the name to use with other projects.

I just e-mailed Dish and explained the problem. I asked them to contact me. I also mentioned that DirecTV has some very nice offers for new subscribers, which they do. I'm paying for something I'm not getting. Not a good PR move on Dish's part.

I just looked at my que and noticed many have a long wait. Has really never been this many, lucky I still have a BB open that helps a bit

It looks like my good luck has ended. My local store is closing tomorrow. I went in there to exchange a disc and was told it needed to be returned my midnight Saturday. The manager said that the two next closest stores were closing too. I shook his hand and wished him good luck. He's been working at that store for 20 years and is a really good guy. So now the only remaining store within a reasonable distance is near my mother's house (20 minutes away from both work and home). I'll miss walking to that store. My wife, kids and I have been going to that place since 1991! :(

It looks like my good luck has ended. My local store is closing tomorrow. I went in there to exchange a disc and was told it needed to be returned my midnight Saturday. The manager said that the two next closest stores were closing too. I shook his hand and wished him good luck. He's been working at that store for 20 years and is a really good guy. So now the only remaining store within a reasonable distance is near my mother's house (20 minutes away from both work and home). I'll miss walking to that store. My wife, kids and I have been going to that place since 1991! :(

I wonder how much longer my local store will be open as well. Hopefully for a while, it's not walking distance but a very short drive.

Dish has intervened. That's why 300 more stores are closing, and I'm sure by this time next year, we'll be talking about the entire operation going away. Dish didn't buy Blockbuster to improve disc rentals, they bought it for the name to use with other projects.
You would think that with closing these stores, that the disc by mail would have in increase inventory to help the long wait times.
And if Dish is going to end the BB mail order completely, what will they have to offer in it's place? They can't keep taking and still raise prices.
Ghpr13:(

You would think that with closing these stores, that the disc by mail would have in increase inventory to help the long wait times.
And if Dish is going to end the BB mail order completely, what will they have to offer in it's place? They can't keep taking and still raise prices.
Ghpr13:(

Good points, will be interesting to see where the BB@home plan goes to in the next year or so, I guess it depends on what happens with the remaining stores down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)