Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

In previous post I have complained about slow delivery. It was taking a week to 8 or 9 days from mailing a disk back to getting a new one.

Things have improved greatly the last couple of deliveries. Return a disk on Tuesday, replacement arrives Thursday. This has happened a the last couple of disks.

I did have to add disks to my queue and some of them are not the recent ones, but they have shown a vast improvement lately.

I can't say the recent releases have gotten better.

Dish maybe you should drop the whole blockbuster thing and provide one or two free rentals a month? Just a thought.

Well, how did you get to be so special? IMHO, this thread should be titled,

Getting Blockbuster Disks Has Suddenly Slowed To A Stop

Many of my movies are on long wait status as of late, glad to still have a BB open to exchange, have to put movies on the que I really have no intrest in watching to exchange

Well, how did you get to be so special? IMHO, this thread should be titled,
:D Well I put my choices in the queue on a regular basis knowing full well that this slug of a service won't deliver them. I then use Redbox to find a movie on the day I want to watch it(many times using coupons that they send me anyway) and onced confirmed that my rental is waiting for me I delete from the BB queue. Been doing this since last last Fall. If it wasn't for the Velocity channel being part of this crap package I would kick BB to the curb.:cool:

Mine had slowed to a crawl but it was my fault. Before Christmas the current disc went missing, we didn't find it until we were packing up all the decorations.

For reference, since the beginning of Oct. 2011, I have recieved 68 discs on the one-at-a-time plan. Pretty much one a week (with a few hiccups). Very stable and doesn't seem slow to me since inception. I only get around to watching the disc on the weekends, so it suits me pretty good.

Until recently, I typically would get anything in my queue within a few days, but I'm going on almost 2 weeks now since my last disc was returned. I have 4 blu-rays in my queue and they are all semi-new releases with long or very long waits, but I have never had to wait this long before. This is just my unfounded theory, but I suspect that maybe the queue is being supplied with fewer copies of new releases while Dish begins to wind the mail order program down.

For me, the delay has been nearly a month. :( And worse still, my nearby BB store has closed and liquidated everything.

Since my local stores are in the process of closing, I just can't depend on Blockbuster to watch new releases. I have been watching some great series from the late-80's/early 90's though. Right now I'm getting The Flash and have Northern Exposure in my queue. I wanted Crime Story, but the first season isn't available, and the second season wasn't anywhere as good as the first. For new releases, I've been using Redbox now. And for semi-new releases, I go to a nearby Family Video store. While BB@Home is still a good deal, without a store close by, the disc plan has lost a lot of usefulness..

It definitely has slowed. It used to be that my mail center was in Baton Rouge, La. I would mail a disc on mon,they get it tues, mail me one on tues and I get it on we'd. Now I can return it to the store at 10am, it shows in my queue as none out. They won't even send out one til the next day and it takes 3 days to get here. Not sure why when I turn in the disc at 10am and it clears my queue at 10:15, they can't send out a new disc til the next day.

How many things do you guys have in your queue? I loaded mine up with about 100 episodes of Doctor Who at the bottom priority, so if the high priority items have a delay, at least I have something to watch that week. Typically I get the email telling me a new one is on the way a few hours before the one telling me they received the return.

If you've only got the four or six things you really want to see, and they are all in high demand, it makes sense you would have to wait a while. Adding more items to the queue makes it so they always have something ready for you.

Got bb@home just a couple weeks ago.3rd disc is on its way,should be here tomorrow.2 have been wii games,the other a bd movie.Luckily there is a bb shipping center in Charlotte.I was browsing thru the PS3 games this evening,added a few to the queue,everyone of them have some sort of wait.Added Assassins Creed III,and Far Cry 3,which showed as available when adding to the queue.Went back to move them up in order,and they show as unavailable.Not sure why they would list them if they don't have them to begin with.I would have also thought being recent games,that bb would have plenty of copies of them.

It definitely has slowed. It used to be that my mail center was in Baton Rouge, La. I would mail a disc on mon,they get it tues, mail me one on tues and I get it on we'd. Now I can return it to the store at 10am, it shows in my queue as none out. They won't even send out one til the next day and it takes 3 days to get here. Not sure why when I turn in the disc at 10am and it clears my queue at 10:15, they can't send out a new disc til the next day.
That is how they cut down on stock, by delaying mailing one day on everybody.

Finally got a disc after waiting three weeks since my last disc and wouldn't ya know it...its cracked!

I've only got newer titles in my queue since I can watch old movies from plenty of other places. After more than a month not one single disk has shipped. They have changed from 'available' to 'short wait' to 'long wait' and back and forth, but nary a shipment.

If I didn't think the BB@Home was worth it without disks by mail, I would cancel it since the disk by mail is worthless as far as I am concerned.

It really changed for me about a month ago. I used to get either the first or second choice in my Queue, all BluRays, without fail. Now I still get something but it's usually around 10-15th in my list and an older title. Anything released in the last couple of months shows a wait of some sort. "Long" or "Short" it doesn't really matter. Neither type ever show up.

Don't watch the channels much either. Epix once and awhile is about it. The package is definitely on my list for removal after my 1/2 price deal runs out.

One of the perks for me is still having a BB open, if didn't I would really have to see if the channels are worth it for me

If you've only got the four or six things you really want to see, and they are all in high demand, it makes sense you would have to wait a while. Adding more items to the queue makes it so they always have something ready for you.

Right, but adding titles I don't want to see does not get the titles I do want to see any faster. :(

I'm seeing new titles with "Long Wait" and "Very Long Wait" -- specifically Argo and Skyfall.

Not a good sign.They are obviously getting less and less of the newer titles.Disc by mail may be gone by the end of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)