Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

My local store has Skyfall and I got it the day after they got it. They still do not have Robot and Frank yet. The clerk did admit that they occasionally get releases from Walmart when their shipment does not come in.

Don't watch the channels much either. Epix once and awhile is about it. The package is definitely on my list for removal after my 1/2 price deal runs out.
Epix is the only reason I still have this package. The rest of the package is so useless without discs being shipped that I'm debating just paying $7 for Epix as an add-on and saving myself $3/month.

....Disc by mail may be gone by the end of the year.

I hope you're wrong. I've got a LOT of Stargate yet to see, and I MUCH prefer viewing by disc than streaming. We skip back a lot to re-hear what we've missed.

My store is closing, they put a sign on today...

The only one left from 4 that were in the city, well this is not in the city, it is like 5 minutes in another town, but was the closest, on the way to my wife's work, but now there will be none :(

I hope you're wrong. I've got a LOT of Stargate yet to see, and I MUCH prefer viewing by disc than streaming. We skip back a lot to re-hear what we've missed.

I hope I'm wrong too.With all the store closings,the mail service getting worse by the week,plus Charlie's subtle hints,my gut says bye bye bb by mail.

Got bb@home just a couple weeks ago.3rd disc is on its way,should be here tomorrow.2 have been wii games,the other a bd movie.Luckily there is a bb shipping center in Charlotte.I was browsing thru the PS3 games this evening,added a few to the queue,everyone of them have some sort of wait.Added Assassins Creed III,and Far Cry 3,which showed as available when adding to the queue.Went back to move them up in order,and they show as unavailable.Not sure why they would list them if they don't have them to begin with.I would have also thought being recent games,that bb would have plenty of copies of them.

This is my biggest gripe with BB@H. On Wednseday, I went true every BRD they had and added to my a bunch to my queue, just so I have something coming to me. I had picked 40 BRDs and out of 40 they only had 1! All the rest were "unavailable." I posted before and I'll post it again, for BB@H to list movies in their inventory that aren't even available at all, is just plain fraud! That's like advertizing that BB@H has 200 more titles in their movies listing than Netflix, but BB@H don't really have those movies, they just listed a bunch of titles on their web site to make them look better.
After not being able to get the BRD I wanted, I went down from 2 discs to one disc, and saved myself $5.00/month...not much, but still any savings is better than no savings. If it wasn't for the extra channels you get, I'd drop the whole BB@H package.

Ghpr13:mad:

:rant:
I received my disc on Saturday, and we watched the movie on Tuesday.

Me and wife say: Well, we are not going to watch the next movie until the weekend... so we went today to make the in-store exchange... and no, they don't have rentals anymore, they are just selling everything because it is closing... so NO MOVIE TODAY!!! :rolleyes:

I could have sent the movie on Tuesday and have it by today :mad:, now I won't have it like until Wednesday.

So I cannot cancel right now, because I just added it 2 weeks ago and then I'll have to pay the $5 fee :rolleyes:, but when the month finishes... BYE BYE BB@Home

Last edited:
:rant:
I received my disc on Saturday, and we watched the movie on Tuesday.

Me and wife say: Well, we are not going to watch the next movie until the weekend... so we went today to make the in-store exchange... and no, they don't have rentals anymore, they are just selling everything because it is closed... so NO MOVIE TODAY!!! :rolleyes:

I could have sent the movie on Tuesday and have it by today :mad:, now I won't have it like until Wednesday.

So I cannot cancel right now, becasue I just added it 2 weeks ago and then I'll have to pay the $5 fee :rolleyes:, but when the month finishes... BYE BYE BB@Home

Pm a Dirt member,maybe they can get you a half off deal on bb@home,would at least save ya $5.

Did my usual Saturday nite DVD entertainment run today... Had a 50cent coupon from Redbox. Rented a movie and promptly went to BB@home and deleted it from my queue full of "waiting til the cows come home"......:cool:

This is my biggest gripe with BB@H. On Wednseday, I went true every BRD they had and added to my a bunch to my queue, just so I have something coming to me. I had picked 40 BRDs and out of 40 they only had 1! All the rest were "unavailable." I posted before and I'll post it again, for BB@H to list movies in their inventory that aren't even available at all, is just plain fraud! That's like advertizing that BB@H has 200 more titles in their movies listing than Netflix, but BB@H don't really have those movies, they just listed a bunch of titles on their web site to make them look better.
After not being able to get the BRD I wanted, I went down from 2 discs to one disc, and saved myself $5.00/month...not much, but still any savings is better than no savings. If it wasn't for the extra channels you get, I'd drop the whole BB@H package.

If they're listed a unavailable, that usually means they're not out on disc yet. But they list them so that they can be in your queue when they do commune out. We do that all the time, add the movies that we want to see that are in theaters right now.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G

If they're listed a unavailable, that usually means they're not out on disc yet. But they list them so that they can be in your queue when they do commune out. We do that all the time, add the movies that we want to see that are in theaters right now.

The discs I added to my queue,that showed up as unavailable,are definitely already out.Which leads me to believe,BB never got them in the first place.

The discs I added to my queue,that showed up as unavailable,are definitely already out.Which leads me to believe,BB never got them in the first place.

I just checked, and I got a bit mixed up. New are listed as unknown. I don't have any listed as unavailable. What movies do you have in you queue listed as unavailable?

If it wasn't for the extra channels you get, I'd drop the whole BB@H package.

With my local store closing, BB@Home is only worth the $5 per month I'm currently paying for it. The extra channels are nice, but certainly not worth $10. Of course I honestly feel the same way about all of the premium channel packages. IMO, it's best to sub to them a few months at a time, then drop them and then go back for another few months. Just too much repetition. If I can't get the 1/2 off deal extended after this one is finished, I'll be dropping the package.
Sounds like $10 off per month for 12 months to me!
Then you can use that $10 to either subscribe to Netflix or get discs from Redbox.

I just checked, and I got a bit mixed up. New are listed as unknown. I don't have any listed as unavailable. What movies do you have in you queue listed as unavailable?

It was mostly games,and I already removed them from my queue since they were listed as unavailable.These 3 titles came back as unavailable.

1.Assassins Creed 3/PS3
2.Far Cry 3/Ps3
3.Brave /Wii

There was one 2010'ish movie that also came up as unavailable,can't recall what it was though.

Has anyone else had this happen? I got an email on Friday saying they shipped my next disk and then I got an email on Saturday saying thanks for your return of the same movie. It also says I don't have any movies out right now. I'm getting pretty fed up with the service every movie in my queue now has a wait time.

Bb@home is getting pitiful. Last week they sent me tru blood on Monday. I didn't receive it on Thurs so I notified them Thursday and they said we are sending you a replacement disk. Today on Monday I still hadn't received the replacement disk and I get an email saying they shipped it today! Should get it on Thursday.WTF? Also, on Sat I get the "lost" disk. Envelope says True Blood, take the disk out and it is Madagascar 3!

Has anyone else had this happen? I got an email on Friday saying they shipped my next disk and then I got an email on Saturday saying thanks for your return of the same movie. It also says I don't have any movies out right now. I'm getting pretty fed up with the service every movie in my queue now has a wait time.

That happens all the time for me. I think they must have a USPS tracking on the return envelope, so as soon as they see it's in the mail, they ship the next, and send you an email when they get yours back. That's the only thing that I can think of that makes sense. But yeah, all the time, I get the email saying they shipped the next disc before I get the email saying they received my last disc.

Edit: I just re-read your post, and that's not at all what I responded to. So, no, I've never had that happen before.

If you turn the disc in at a local BB store, it clears your queue, but is still listed as not returned. The store then mails a box of discs to the BB@H shipping center. Then you turn in your store disc at the store and then your at home queue shows empty and the disc you returned to the store shows received. BB@H mails you the next disc the following day. Then several days later BB@H receives the disc that you returned to the store and sends you an email stating they received your disc. It is very confusing!

it's a mess right now.Either they need to resolve the issues or just shut the disc by mail down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts