Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

The only BB remaining in a drive that's convenient to me is closing, so now my only option is mail. That wouldn't be bad, but the service is very slow.

Note, the following is our conjecture on my part:
I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to shutter the service entirely and become streaming only. The other local store that was closing had a large number of cover art only DVDs and blu-rays that were in the mailing pouch with all the bar coding.

Don't know if this is true or not, just a WAG on my part.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

I think this is also caused by the fact that we can't get the disc we really want to see, so we pick movies that might peak are interest some, but if we had a real choice, we wouldn't give these movies a secong glance.
Ghpr13:(

Unfortunately, I think it's a case of me just having a poor taste in movies :eek:

I usually only add movies when they're still in theaters and it looks like it's something I'd like to see.

Ps3 game arrived today.Can't figure out where they shipped it from,had to have been somewhere other than Charlotte,to have taken 4 days.

They usually come from where they are to be returned to. What is the mailing address on your return label.

Well, I have had the service for 3 weeks, and actually only got 1 movie, still waiting for the second... and yes, you cannot cancel beofre 30 days, becasue then there is a fee :rolleyes:

Bb@home is getting pitiful. Last week they sent me tru blood on Monday. I didn't receive it on Thurs so I notified them Thursday and they said we are sending you a replacement disk. Today on Monday I still hadn't received the replacement disk and I get an email saying they shipped it today! Should get it on Thursday.WTF? Also, on Sat I get the "lost" disk. Envelope says True Blood, take the disk out and it is Madagascar 3!
I sent them the madagascar 3 back with a big note saying "you sent me the wrong disc, etc" so someone else wouldnt get the wrong disc. Today i get the disc back again with a note saying " you sent the wrong disc please send the correct disc". Did you not read the note i sent?? If i was sending the wrong disc on purpose to try and "get one over" (or even by accident) i wouldnt put a note saying that! I sent it back with another note, have a feeling there will be more problems.:(

They usually come from where they are to be returned to. What is the mailing address on your return label.

There are codes on the envelope,not really zip codes,or anything easily discernible to figure out where it shipped from.My return discs always go to Charlotte.I had bb years ago,sometimes when there would be a possible delay,one of the reasons given was because the shipment was coming from a warehouse other than our local.They don't show that anymore.I do know if they shipped the disc when they said they did,it wouldn't have taken 4 business days to arrive from Charlotte.

this is one of the numbers under the bar code if anyone can figure out what it means.

I've noticed the "high demand" are often "now" when I have a disk out and vice-versa.....coincidence? I was never a believer.

i mailed flight back on march 5th and it still hasn't cleared my queue. i emailed BB and they just gave me some copy and paste response and i contacted dish and got almost the same copy and paste message about title availabilty and that has nothing to do with it!

I have now waited over a month without receiving my next disc. The last one cleared my queue over a month ago and none of the 4 blu-rays in my queue have become available in that time. Pull the plug on the mail order program already...

There is a difference between having ONLY 4 new releases in your queue and expecting magical availability because that is all that is in your queue; and experiencing delays because there the blockbuster shipping to you is from a different state.If you aren't smart enough to put movies that are available in your queue it's on you not blockbuster.

I returned a disc about two weeks ago and it was acknowledged three days later. The next disc is available "NOW" but hasn't shipped where the next disc used to "ship" before they acknowledged receipt of the previous one.

They need to stick a fork in it and give me a $4/month or so discount.

The time from when I get the email that the disc shipped to the time I receive the disc is pretty slow. But, the time from them receiving my disc and shipping out the next is usually very quick.

Perhaps it would make sense to start listing the shipping center that you send/receive from. I send/receive from Chicago.

There is a difference between having ONLY 4 new releases in your queue and expecting magical availability because that is all that is in your queue; and experiencing delays because there the blockbuster shipping to you is from a different state.If you aren't smart enough to put movies that are available in your queue it's on you not blockbuster.

The problem comes in that BB inventory of available movies is very limited. I've posted about this before...one day I went through about 40 different movies out of which only 5 were really available. Many of the movies just aren't even in BB's inventory at all, not just already rented out.

Again blockbuster availability is 1 thing having only 4 new release movies in your queue and doing nothing about it for a month is another.

The discs by mail are still working fine for me & StarGate.

I have been getting new releases for the past year and never had a problem until now. It has nothing to do with being "smart enough". If they can't get 1 out of 4 new releases in stock over a 30+ day period, that is a problem. I have no interest in getting year-old movies that I have already seen.

I have been getting new releases for the past year and never had a problem until now. It has nothing to do with being "smart enough". If they can't get 1 out of 4 new releases in stock over a 30+ day period, that is a problem. I have no interest in getting year-old movies that I have already seen.

And here lies the main problem.
Ghpr13:(

The discs by mail are still working fine for me & StarGate.
How are those discs? Some of the old tv series I get by mail are pretty grungy.

The disc by mail program is working fine for me also. But I've never depended upon it to send me new releases and isn't that what is the real problem here? I always did the store trade-ins for new releases. But now that my local store is closing, I have no faith in getting anything new from them. I've been getting new releases from Redbox now. Like I've mentioned before, I'm getting BB@Home for $5 per month right now. If I can't extend the deal when it expires, I'll be moving on. With Hallmark Movie Channel and Pixl (for my wife) being available in the Heartland Package and the local library now not charging for the majority of it's huge dvd selection (new releases are still $2 for 2 days) plus Redbox and a couple of nearbye Family Video stores, I can live without a disc-by-mail service.

Still working for me as well. Usually drop in the mailbox on Monday morning, clears my que on Tuesday and new one mailed out Wednesday morning. I keep about 15-20 movies in the que and add new releases the week before they come out to the bottom. I typically get them about 1-2 months before they hit the premium channels. The few times I have moved them to the top it is usually on the 2nd or 3rd pass that I get them. Even movie marked as "long wait" usually get sent out with minimal wait. For what amounts to me as a free service (already had the $10 package before it got renamed and the mail service added) it has been nice. Currently my que looks like this (with Snow White and the Huntsman arriving this week):

que.jpg

Attachments

• que.jpg
    que.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 148