Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

My last disc was received by BB on 2/26/2013, I have not received another. At least one in my queue has had a status of Available since before that.

They play this game, while I have a movie out, new releases are available now, when they give notification they received my mailed in movie.....it's a demand of some sort excluding me for all practical purposes and I get the "Now" way down the list....that's the way it works for me. Every so often I fire off an message of complaint, and that I'm sure does lots of good...but I never receive a reply, I wonder why....?:coffee

No shipment for me today,over 50 titles in queue,many with medium demand.Maybe they will surprise me with Far Cry 3 tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Yes...it used to work like that for me too, until about a week ago. I wonder if Dish is starting to throttle down mailing out to customers that use over a certain amount of disks per month? I hope not!

I can get no more than 1 DVD a week from BB. Best case scenario is 1 day each way. BB doesn't ship the day they receive the DVD, only next day. They don't ship on Saturday and Sunday. It's very hard if not nearly impossible to get more than one DVD a week. What is there to throttle? Their business is built around slow delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Makes me wonder,is it like this for BB subscribers?Or does it only apply to bb@home subscribers?

I can get no more than 1 DVD a week from BB. Best case scenario is 1 day each way. BB doesn't ship the day they receive the DVD, only next day. They don't ship on Saturday and Sunday. It's very hard if not nearly impossible to get more than one DVD a week. What is there to throttle? Their business is built around slow delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

That is correct. With Netflix, I was able to get 3 discs every two weeks if I worked it. With BB@H, I've turned around a disc in one day and still only get one disc a week. With in-store trade-ins, this really didn't matter and I was able to get 2 discs per week. But now with the local stores closing, this option is gone.

Same for me. Both local stores closed within 2 months of one another.

Discs are very slow and I am not even getting 1 per week. Redbox is getting most of my rental business because I honestly don't have another choice.

WOW!BB has had my returned disc for nearly a week,even showed I didn't have any discs at home.Checked my queue just now,still nothing shipped,checked my email,and they had just sent a confirmation that they had received Red Dead Redemption.Someone doesn't know how to run things at BB.:rolleyes: Personally I think it's all a ploy for bb@home customers.Give them the lowest service possible.

If they are preparing to split apart BB from the channels formerly known as Platinum HD, and then charging us separately for BB@home, they are going about this in the worst way possible. Perhaps they will just terminate DVDs by mail, and hope nobody notices.

Just cancelled it and went to Netflix.

Streaming never worked well, discs were taking too long and all the local stores closed.

Netflix has a lot more movies for streaming and I can always go to RedBox for new releases.

It is funny... All the time I had BB@Home, I sent a disc and they send the email that they got it like 3 days after, they sent it the next day and I got it in 2 days, so, almost a week.
And I never really believed that... they should get the disc the next day I send it, I always thought they just don't cleared it.
Because sometimes, when I returned the disc in store, it immediately cleared my queue, but still BB waited like 3 days to send me the new one.

Well. Now I cancelled, and I sent back the last disc yesterday... and they got it Today :rolleyes:

Yea the drop off works good for me, dropping off at the local BB processes quick, just wish the wait list was not so bad.But oh well still a decent deal

Dropped off a DVD at the local BB last Thursday, email on friday that I should get next DVD by Monday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts