Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I find it interesting that I regularly get an email stating that they have shipped the next disc to me BEFORE getting one saying they have rec'd the old one.

Still getting mine fast enough.

I find it interesting that I regularly get an email stating that they have shipped the next disc to me BEFORE getting one saying they have rec'd the old one.

Still getting mine fast enough.

If you turn the old disc in at your store, the store ships it to the BB warehouse and then they send you an email stating they have received your movie. But they have already mailed you the next disc, the day after you turn your disc in at the store. Hence, the delay.

If you turn the old disc in at your store, the store ships it to the BB warehouse and then they send you an email stating they have received your movie. But they have already mailed you the next disc, the day after you turn your disc in at the store. Hence, the delay.

This happens to me every disc I send back, and I've never swapped discs in a store. I can only think that they go based off tracking info on the envelope. Every time, I get an email stating they sent the next disc, and then a couple days later, I get an email stating they received my last disc.

I haven't noticed any increase in delay (beyond what has been normal the past year). But with my local stores closing, it is much less of a value because almost all 50+ movies in my queue are not "available". It wasn't a problem when the local stores were around, because I could get new releases quickly from them. Now I'm considering dropping down from 3 discs at a time to 1 disc at a time because of the reduced value with the discs.

The one thing that blockbuster has better than Netflix is an easy way to search for new releases and movies currently in theater and adding them to your queue. With Netflix, I have not been able to find anything other than using an outside source for the information and then searching for the individual titles. Very annoying.

I haven't noticed any increase in delay (beyond what has been normal the past year). But with my local stores closing, it is much less of a value because almost all 50+ movies in my queue are not "available". It wasn't a problem when the local stores were around, because I could get new releases quickly from them. Now I'm considering dropping down from 3 discs at a time to 1 disc at a time because of the reduced value with the discs.

The one thing that blockbuster has better than Netflix is an easy way to search for new releases and movies currently in theater and adding them to your queue. With Netflix, I have not been able to find anything other than using an outside source for the information and then searching for the individual titles. Very annoying.

If you go to hackingnetflix they list the new releases with a link to them at Netflix. There was another site that would add them directly to your queue when you clicked on them but I can't remember the name of it. Dropped Netflix when they separated discs and streaming and started charging for both.

I just mail mine back. The one time I tried a store, I did not have the sleeve/mailer and they declined. So it's just easier to mail it back. I guess they run their email notifications in batches and the INs and OUTs are on different schedules.

My last blu-ray was returned and confirmed received by Blockbuster on 2/13 and I still have not received another disc.

I have 6 titles in my queue: 2 showing Medium Demand and 4 showing Very High Demand, but it really doesn't seem like any of them are ever going to be available. The only thing stopping me from canceling the Blockbuster@Home package is my curiosity around wanting to see just how long it will take before they ship me one of those 6 movies.

I honestly never had a problem before this, even with new releases, and suddenly everything has ground to a complete halt.

If you go to hackingnetflix they list the new releases with a link to them at Netflix. There was another site that would add them directly to your queue when you clicked on them but I can't remember the name of it. Dropped Netflix when they separated discs and streaming and started charging for both.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

They replied to my complaint!

I emailed BB@H and this was their BS reply since I have 21 in my queue and 3 are available "NOW":

Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster At Home.

I'm sorry for the confusion that your next title has yet to be shipped.

We are currently showing that you do not have enough "Available" titles in your queue to complete the requested shipment. Indeed, some of your titles are showing with an "Available" status, however, the status you see is nationwide. This means that the title may be located at various distribution centers in the country but not necessarily at the nearest local distribution center in your area. Shipping is dependent on the number of available copies, number of requests or popularity of the title, and the customer's queue preference. While it is true that the title is available, you may still not get a copy within the number of days you set on your shipping preference.

Please remember that we use your selections to provide service. To ensure consistency in shipping, we recommend keeping 10 or more "Available" titles in your Queue. Our website currently has over 95,000 movies and over 3,000 games to choose from.

We will ship your next title within 1 to 2 business days, as long as there are "Available" titles in your queue.

I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Noime
Blockbuster Customer Care

For further information please visit https://www.blockbusterathome.com

Customer By Web Form (MARC KESSLER) - 03/27/2013 06:17 PM

It's been over a week since I returned a movie . Now nothing!!! There are titles available now!!!! This is not the 1st time this has happened!!!!

I emailed BB@H and this was their BS reply since I have 21 in my queue and 3 are available "NOW":

Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster At Home.

I'm sorry for the confusion that your next title has yet to be shipped.

We are currently showing that you do not have enough "Available" titles in your queue to complete the requested shipment. Indeed, some of your titles are showing with an "Available" status, however, the status you see is nationwide. This means that the title may be located at various distribution centers in the country but not necessarily at the nearest local distribution center in your area. Shipping is dependent on the number of available copies, number of requests or popularity of the title, and the customer's queue preference. While it is true that the title is available, you may still not get a copy within the number of days you set on your shipping preference.

Please remember that we use your selections to provide service. To ensure consistency in shipping, we recommend keeping 10 or more "Available" titles in your Queue. Our website currently has over 95,000 movies and over 3,000 games to choose from.

We will ship your next title within 1 to 2 business days, as long as there are "Available" titles in your queue.

I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Noime
Blockbuster Customer Care

For further information please visit https://www.blockbusterathome.com

Customer By Web Form (MARC KESSLER) - 03/27/2013 06:17 PM

It's been over a week since I returned a movie . Now nothing!!! There are titles available now!!!! This is not the 1st time this has happened!!!!

I can't even find 10 titles I want that are actually available now. I was quickly reminded why I dropped the package last time I had it. I have almost 30 in my queue and only 1 is available now. It was 2 but the one changed to medium wait. :mad:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The disk I got today has a different envelope from past discs. The envelope used to say "dish | Blockbuster@Home" on it. Now, it just says "Blockbuster". No dish logo, and no "@home" logo. I presume the envelope is what is used for standard blockbuster via mail, the separate service not tied to dish.

My last blu-ray was returned and confirmed received by Blockbuster on 2/13 and I still have not received another disc.
I had been waiting for about three weeks. There was a very popular PS3 title at the top of my queue so I juggled my queue and they prepared to ship a disc within hours. It took three days to get here from when they said they sent it.

I have my preferences set to "Speed" (pass up the top of the queue if it isn't available) but it seems that they ignore that preference.

I had been waiting for about three weeks. There was a very popular PS3 title at the top of my queue so I juggled my queue and they prepared to ship a disc within hours. It took three days to get here from when they said they sent it.

I have my preferences set to "Speed" (pass up the top of the queue if it isn't available) but it seems that they ignore that preference.
i have mine set to get in order and they will skip available titles and send titles way down my list.

Day number 4 of processing next shipment. This is crazy, it is completely unreliable and downright disrespectful to their customers.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)