Anyone using SkyWay USA? How is it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have to disagree with you once again! You stated that their lowest entry cost was $400+ days ago, I mentioned the $253.90 price point, we went around and around, for 20 odd posts (does anyone see a pattern here?) even though you copied and pasted $253.90 in your posts. Now here we are arguing about what you said. I do enjoy this angle much better than the fabrications, accusations and

the Catch a Call is excellent for folks with call waiting/ID but is optional + there is absolutely no requirement for a professional installation.

C'mon Greg, where's your evidence here. If you don't, and you won't, I'd like to get a MOD involved here. Its their board, let them decide what's going on, make a decision and I will live by it.

Thomas Thomas Thomas Thomas. Here's the deal. I'm retired, and you obviously aren't very busy. The moderators here work for a living, most likely busy out installing all those two-way systems you say suck so bad. So in effect, I'm actually a proxy here - keeping you honest with real world counterpoints that they don't have time to make. But I'll bet it makes for entertaining reading when them put their tools away for the night. So don't count on a whining campaign to get moderator intercession on your behalf.

My evidence and counterpoints have been clear and consistent; I compare your misrepresentations with public and/or verifiable references. Many of them come right off the Skyway website - which is why I don't think their management even reads this forum. If they did, you'd have gotten the hook weeks ago. And there's no bull in this particular china shop. What we do have however, is a salesman in a tech shop. I can almost guarantee you that - if you had initially announced yourself honestly as a one way promoter that was looking to gain information about his two way competition - you would almost certainly have garnered some respect here. Or at least some tolerance. But instead, you come rolling in on a bold pronouncement that two way is inferior to one way in every respect - while openly admitting you don't know a thing about two way, and driving the point home by stating that you're not even interested in learning! And after that, half or more of what you post would in some other forums be treated as SPAM. So again - this is purely a salesman issue. Unless/until you accept that you're posting among a bunch of tech guys, you're going to continue to get these kind of claims shoved back in your face.

As far as limiting your definition of "system" to equipment;, $149 worth of hardware ain't worth the box it comes in - unless and until you
1. pay $49.95 shipping
2. pay $25 activation fee
3. pay the first months service
4. pay for any options elected.
Until ALL of that money is received by Skyway - THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT HAVE A WORKING SYSTEM. Whether or not any rebates are involved, these are mandatory expenditures, and it's unethical to hide them from potential customers under your oft-repeated mantra of "$149 before $100 rebate". Be honest with your advertising campaign here - because it's clear that much of your content is poorly disguised SPAM - and you won't get nearly as much flack from guys like me.

//greg//

Last edited:
I'm retired, and you obviously aren't very busy. So don't count on a whining campaign to get moderator intercession on your behalf.//greg//

Not very busy? LOL!!!! I work 7 day weeks, I spend 50-60+ hours in our office for 2 companies BBB and 1st Response Group, come home and am on call the rest of the time, I work a lot when I'm home, as well as spend time on the 'net having great conversations 98% of the time with great folks.

IMO your preconceived assumptions about all of these other "guys that you've runoff of this web site" that you are so proud of, are clouding your thinking here. Place yourself in my shoes: if you had ONE person on this message board rudely jumping into conversations, making up things that you've never said, accusing you of things that you've never said, skewing conversations around, misquoting you time and time again, fabricating reality, completely ignoring FACTS, NEVER posting any quotes to back up all of these accusations, etc. and so forth, all to back up his MO of discrediting said person, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I've caught you in several infractions and I've asked you several times both in public on these boards & once via PM, which you proudly made a screen shot of and posted publicly. I then had no other choice then to ask asked for MOD intervention.

1) you fabricated reality and said that I posted that SkyWay USA does not have a RUP. INCORRECT. You have never provided proof, quotes, etc. of where this fabrication came from.

2) you fabricated reality that said I was discussing downloading movies with our technology. INCORRECT. You then 'brushed it off' and said (to paraphrase) "Oh I got that off of SkyWay USA's web site" literally meaning that everything that you read on the 'net, I can be potentially accused of saying because you read it, THIS IS YOUR, how did you say it, oh yeah, "evidence and counterpoints", WELL GREG, if you would EVER use evidence, facts, truths, reality, etc. I would NEVER have asked for MOD intervention at all here. If you did we would have had a great discussion/argument, but that never happened! Wake up, get real, play fair, stop the false accusation, fabrications and we'll co-exist without this drama. Its not me doing all the whining here!!!

3) Hardware price - there were several misconceptions on how much SkyWay USA charged for their hardware, many of them your own. I posted the FACTS (pdf/web site quotes), you twisted them into something else, accusing me of misrepresentation. As with the 2 above mentioned times I have caught you doing this, you have acted naive and these discussions have gone 20+ posts back and forth until you REALIZE the FACTS and admit your mistake. I've dropped it. If you would just do that now, we can go back to co-existing here.

My evidence and counterpoints have been clear and consistent. I compare your misrepresentations with public and/or verifiable references. //greg//

INCORRECT.
INCORRECT.
INCORRECT.
INCORRECT.

I have YET to see you back up any of your accusations with FACTS. Opinion and extremely subjective opinions are all that you have EVER presented during our discussions. I challenge you to actually go back from the first day I joined and just quote ONE thing that you can find of mine to back up all of these accusations. Just ONE thing Gregg, ONE THING!

You will not be able to do it!

Last edited:
...all of these other "guys that you've runoff of this web site" that you are so proud of...
Where'd that come from anyway? I just ignored it the first few times you threw it out. But since using it like a hammer seems to titillate you, I think it's time for you to explain this particular allegation.

As far as FACTS, they're already posted. Just use your mouse to move the cursor over any hyperlinks that I include in my posts (they're underlined in blue). Then left click the mouse. You can do the same thing with the supporting attachments I upload as well. Everything revealed by those simple mouse clicks, represent verifiable FACTS

//greg//

OK, so you admit that you can't come up with any facts to support your accusations, right? Now you can't even remember what you said about, to paraphrase, "Running off guys like me"? I'm starting to understand what I am really up against now. I am not going to go through these threads finding the 4-5 instances that you have made these statement just to help you remember what you said, that is of no interest to me helping someone with an MO such as yours.

My intentions from when I first found all of the discussions on our hybrid technology in a 2-Way technology message board was to join the community, talk about the instances where people had situations with it and help. The few that I have responded to HERE haven't even replied back. This tells me they either got their situation rectified, found a terrestrial solution (great for them), posted and then left the community or something else. I have helped many other people on other boards with legitimate questions/situations and I politely ask them to let folks know that they have been resolved.

So what you're telling me here Greg:

Discussing technology, answering questions and clarifying misinformation is considered. in your words "SPAM" here right? Remember saying that?

-AND-

What I'm doing will get you the "HOOK" (I'm assuming banned i.e. kicked off this board) from the MODS as you say.

-WHILE-

Spreading misinformation, fabricating conversations and making things up that people don't say without proof is ALLOWED?

I highly doubt that sir. They manage a business, they have sponsors and IMO they should not condone such behavior even from folks who have been here for years, like you. I hope this isn't what I'm really up against here.

Last edited:
Well Thomas, you've finally eroded away the last of my good will. Up till now I was just trying to coax you in the direction of full disclosure. But from this point forward, consider me your new worst nightmare. And I kinda think I'm not alone in this. So I strongly advise you carefully read and reread everything you compose from now on - BEFORE you click the Submit button. Because believe me, the words you post on the web pages I that frequent - are going to be introduced to Mr. Microscope and his associate F. T. Comb.

//greg//

Tom,

From what I have seen, Greg has taught you a lot about your product. You cam in here all high and mighty and really didn't know crap about the product you were selling.

If you are going to constantly whine and call me that people are picking on your product then move along, this is not the site for you. This is a discussion forum where people discuss products.

You have written me and called me not liking what people have been saying about your product asking me to censor others. We do not play that game here.

You have also asked me to become a sponsor here and I turned you down. I will only allow sponsorship of products I believe in and that I know my members will be able to use, enjoy and get value out of them. And from what I have seen here is not a product I would recommend to my members. Even if you wrote me a check for a million dollars wouldn't I let you be a sponsor here. Its not about the money, we are not a business. We instead believe in offering our customers quality product from quality companies.

Honestly if anyone came to me looking for satellite internet my recommendation to them would be go with HughesNet. It seems to offer the est bang for your buck.

Again this is not an advertising forum, its a discussion forum a place where people share opinions. Our members are some of the most savvy satellite technology folks you will ever meet.

If you can accept the forum for what it is then you will be fine, but if you want to preach the gospel about your product then I am sorry my friend but your at the wrong church.

Scott, I asked you to take a look at what was going on here and I am happy to see you take a look and make a decision, so thank you. You've made your decision, I respect that completely and will live with it, 100%.

Its your board, your forum, your rules and your space.

I humbly thank you for your help and your time sir.

Regards,

Thomas-

OK, so you admit that you can't come up with any facts to support your accusations, right? Now you can't even remember what you said about, to paraphrase, "Running off guys like me"? I'm starting to understand what I am really up against now. I am not going to go through these threads finding the 4-5 instances that you have made these statement just to help you remember what you said, that is of no interest to me helping someone with an MO such as yours.

My intentions from when I first found all of the discussions on our hybrid technology in a 2-Way technology message board was to join the community, talk about the instances where people had situations with it and help. The few that I have responded to HERE haven't even replied back. This tells me they either got their situation rectified, found a terrestrial solution (great for them), posted and then left the community or something else. I have helped many other people on other boards with legitimate questions/situations and I politely ask them to let folks know that they have been resolved.

So what you're telling me here Greg:

Discussing technology, answering questions and clarifying misinformation is considered. in your words "SPAM" here right? Remember saying that?

-AND-

What I'm doing will get you the "HOOK" (I'm assuming banned i.e. kicked off this board) from the MODS as you say.

-WHILE-

Spreading misinformation, fabricating conversations and making things up that people don't say without proof is ALLOWED?

I highly doubt that sir. They manage a business, they have sponsors and IMO they should not condone such behavior even from folks who have been here for years, like you. I hope this isn't what I'm really up against here.

OKay, I'm bored right now so I'll take a shot at this.

The only one not providing facts, spreading misinformation and fabricating conversations here is you. Greg has consistently referenced external links, including Skyway's own website. Where as you, in this post, clearly give out inaccurate information (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726266) Greg called you on it, and you accused him of playing "word games" (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726367)

When Jared also joined in, you accused him of parroting Greg (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro-2.html#post17278230)

Your first post here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1721633) states you joined this forum to be "[FONT=&quot]an ambassador for DVB-S2 Hybrid SW-Modem technology" but later claimed "[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I am also an impartial voice. I am not an employee of SkyWay USA." That, to people reading this forum, has the appearance of somebody posting just to promote a product...AKA spam.

In this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/53768-anyone-using-skyway-usa-how-2.html#post1770037) you demand that Greg provide you a quote where you said the TOTAL entry price was $149. I'll save you the trouble...you didn't say that from what I can find. However, what Greg was pointing out, and what you failed to address, was your comments in this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726266) where you stated hardware costs were $49 and the monthly starts at $29.95 and failed to mention the other costs associated with obtaining the service. Greg referenced the Skyway site to provide potential customers of yours with complete and accurate information. While your information may have been accurate, it was by no means complete. Very ironic, when you consider your comments later in that post where you state, "[/FONT]though their marketing implies otherwise (IMO misleading people hence all of the anti 2-Way online communities)"

And you have yet to answer Greg's original question in this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726205) after everyone of the points you made here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726266) were refuted and/or shown to be inaccurate.

I do have a call in to Skyway CEO Dwayne Hay about this thread. I do hope to talk to him tomorrow.

I understand that Thomas is now harassing members via private messages as well, and I will happily forward those to Mr. Hay as well.

If I had to guess I would think that BBinaBox might not be selling SkyWayUSA too much longer.

I do have a call in to Skyway CEO Dwayne Hay about this thread. I do hope to talk to him tomorrow.

I understand that Thomas is now harassing members via private messages as well, and I will happily forward those to Mr. Hay as well.

If I had to guess I would think that BBinaBox might not be selling SkyWayUSA too much longer.

Scott, thanks for being proactive about this. While I haven't received any PM's from BBinaB (yet), it wouldn't surprise me if I did. Have you looked into the vB mod that allows members to report PM's the same way posts are reported?

iwc, line by line I stand behind it, where is the 'inaccurate information'?

Same with the rest of your links, where are the inaccuracies?

Let me ask you this, is it right to accuse people of saying things they never said without quotes to back themselves up?

I understand that Thomas is now harassing members via private messages as well....
Yeah, there's another one in my Inbox. You're welcome to view them yourself as the administrator. If that's not technically possible, I'll forward them to you via email. Or post them here publically - whichever you prefer.

//greg//

Scott, call Dwayne, I stand behind what I privately sent Greg.

I let Greg know that I stand behind your decision and asked him to play fair. I also said the he had neither shown me good will and I was ready for his microscope. How that can be turned around is beyond me????

Funny thing, now my one (1) and only PM I sent to Greg today has been deleted from my sent box???

Last edited:
Another one? I sent Greg one (1) PM today, whomever he's getting multiple PM's from today is not me. Care to explain Greg?

Also, please post it publicly.

Last edited:
iwc, line by line I stand behind it, where is the 'inaccurate information'?

Same with the rest of your links, where are the inaccuracies?

Let me ask you this, is it right to accuse people of saying things they never said without quotes to back themselves up?

You mean like where you state that the hardware costs are $49, but initially fail to mention that they're actually $149 with a $100 rebate, or where you state a LNBF transmits, or where you state that no contract is required (unless required by Skyway) and fail to mention that without the contract, you don't get the rebate, or where you state it is not subject to rain fade, or where you state the upload speeds can exceed the maximum allowed by the FCC, or where you state that you've seen latencies below 200ms?

Or should we discuss the comment referencing an uncited, unverified report stating satellite internet is going to be the only broadband option for 15-17 million people?

The only externally verifiable source of information you've provided was in this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/166460-broadband-box-intro.html#post1726296) which contains a link that no longer works.

You can stand by your views as much as you want...however, that will not gain you respect or assistance here. The more you do that, the more it makes you look like a salesman in a shop full of techs (thanks for that one, greg :up)

But let me ask you this...according to this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/53768-anyone-using-skyway-usa-how.html#post1766728) you state that the hardware costs is $149, including the contract and $100 rebate. Does that mean without the rebate, the actual cost would be $249? Or did you mean to say that the hardware costs are $49 including a contract and the rebate?

I was asked what were my reasons. Those were my reasons off the top of my head as I said. It was not supposed to be an in depth overview. I will edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK?

Line by line:

I NEVER once said our LNBF transmits, Greg accused me of that several times and its almost become a FACT to many people around here now even though no one has come up with one shred of evidence to prove I said that, prove it and this argument is over.

Their web site has all prices listed, even the PDF that I linked to lists them all. I will edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK?

Line by line:

Rain fade never completely knocks out our services because of the terrestrial dialup link to the Internet. I stand behind this. I will also edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK?

Line by line:

All modem documentation that I have seen stated the up to speeds. I never said upload speeds can exceed the maximum allowed by the FCC.

I have seen latency below 200ms, I mentioned that it was from my own experience. average is 300ms. I stand behind this.

Nobody truly knows how many people can't get terrestrial broadband. The feds, states and local municipals are all trying to figure that out. I stand behind that figure as my guess to how many there are.

Yep, that link since become broken, I'd recommend reading through DSLreports.com, etc, to see actual upload speeds VS marketed upload speeds

I have posted links galore and discussed the hardware price topic more than anything here, the price is $253.90 with a $100 rebate = $153.90 with a 1 year contract.

Regards,

I was asked what were my reasons. Those were my reasons off the top of my head as I said. It was not supposed to be an in depth overview. I will edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK?

Line by line:

I NEVER once said our LNBF transmits, Greg accused me of that several times and its almost become a FACT to many people around here now even though no one has come up with one shred of evidence to prove I said that, prove it and this argument is over.

Their web site has all prices listed, even the PDF that I linked to lists them all. I will edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK? What link? The one that's broken?

Line by line:

Rain fade never completely knocks out our services because of the terrestrial dialup link to the Internet. I stand behind this. I will also edit it so it is an in depth overview for you if that is the cause of all of this, OK? And when it reverts back to dial up, it is no longer broadband, is it? And FYI, rain CAN and HAS taken out phone service.

Line by line:

All modem documentation that I have seen stated the up to speeds. I never said upload speeds can exceed the maximum allowed by the FCC. Actually, you said "Upload speed: up to 50Kbps" which would exceed the FCC limits.

I have seen latency below 200ms, I mentioned that it was from my own experience. average is 300ms. I stand behind this. Then somehow, the laws of physics don't seem to apply universally then.

Nobody truly knows how many people can't get terrestrial broadband. The feds, states and local municipals are all trying to figure that out. I stand behind that figure as my guess to how many there are. And yet you state, "Since reports tell us that rural Internet options are going to be satellite ONLY for 15+ MILLION over the next 7-15 years" . So there are actually no reports, as in multiple reports, but instead we're to take your guess as a report?

Yep, that link since become broken, I'd recommend reading through DSLreports.com, etc, to see actual upload speeds VS marketed upload speeds I read DSLreports.com frequently, and I understand about actual/marketed upload speeds.

I have posted links galore and discussed the hardware price topic more than anything here, the price is $253.90 with a $100 rebate = $153.90 with a 1 year contract. In this subforum, you've only posted two links that were not advertising for your site or product. One was the broken link, and the other was Echostar/Wild Blue announcement link.

And yet in this post, you clearly and obviously state that the hardware costs are $49, not $149. Just in case you missed it, I highlited it for you.
Off the top of my head:

Certification: Is not required
Installation time: 1 hour average
Latency: 300ms average
Upload speed: up to 50Kbps
Hardware cost: $49
Monthly: starts at $29.95
Rain fade: NEVER
Redundancy: Included
Contract: No contract required unless per partner (i.e. SkyWay USA has a 1 year)
Maintenance: LNBF $10 + shipping

Since reports tell us that rural Internet options are going to be satellite ONLY for 15+ MILLION over the next 7-15 years, I am all about ease of installation and maintenance. Our LNBF is $10.00 + shipping. What's a typical one cost for a 2way system? Several hundred dollars I assume + trip charge + labor.

So, how is that NOT inaccurate information? Or was it more of a marketing thing that was taken completely out of context and fabricated? :rolleyes:

Regards,

My comments are above.

iwc,

I listed the 3 instances of things that were fabricated here.

I have no problem discussing these topics that you bring up at all.

I have nothing but good will towards our conversations so far.

I treat respect with respect 100%!!!!

All I ask for is the same back, OK?

Another one? I sent Greg one (1) PM today, whomever he's getting multiple PM's from today is not me. Care to explain Greg?

Also, please post it publicly.

You wanted it, here they are...

This one sent on March 20th...

Greg, you crossed the line (again). Fabricating things that I say to support you MO is wrong, please delete the post or I will pursue other avenues.

This one sent tonight...

Greg, I stand behind everything I have said on this board. You did no so thing. Full disclosure was there from the start. If you'd read you would have realized that from the start. Good will was never offered to me and you already are a nightmare IMO. Basically, if you plan increase scrutiny on my efforts all I ask is that you play fair, use facts, figures and true data and we'll be fine. If not, once again, I'll have to do my best to live with it. There is nothing else I can do except live with the fact that your type of behavior is condoned here, what else can I do, its his board right? Regards sir, Thomas William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)