Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't exist. It was mentioned/requested during the 'test' phase and I think Scott looked for add-ins that would provide this functionality but didn't find any.

You must be thinking of something else. What mdonnelly is looking for is nothing at all like what Multiview provides.

MultiView does EXACTLY that...except the opposite. You add the forums you wish to look at instead of the ones you wish to ignore.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
But it dumps them into one unorganized list (well, maybe it's "organized" by post time or update time). Is it the best or only alternative ? Maybe so....

The function he asked about was just like he said, a "filter", or a way to customize this page.

But it dumps them into one unorganized list (well, maybe it's "organized" by post time or update time). Is it the best or only alternative ? Maybe so....

The function he asked about was just like he said, a "filter", or a way to customize this page.

The "New Posts" button under vBullettin presented the list of unorganized posts the same exact was MultiView does now. It shows all the forums you want to see, in chronological order (from newest to oldest).

You also have the option of watching forums, then going to the watched forums list if you like to view via forum instead of by post.

If a thread has multiple pages, in the forum view/list of all threads, the graphics/page numbers aren't visible unless you mouse-over them. I normally use the un-supported Classic theme, but confirmed this is the case with the default theme (screenshots are with that as well).

a.png

b.png

Is there a way to have sub forums in the what's up there area in the fta forums like in the old software as it hard to find different feeds when they are all mixed together ?

I understand that, but there were no links, just a celebrity's name. If you quote the example I posted you will see what I mean. Something picks out the celebrity's name and puts in a link to an Amazon search, itself not so bad, but then it causes the Amazon logo to appear too.

Oh, sorry, I thought you posted them as links ('cause that's how it appears once it's posted). In this case, yeah, I presume this is Vigilink doing it. If it can link to something sellable, it's going to try, I guess !

Test:
"Sony BDP-S6200"
"Lone Survivor"

It didn't create links for either of those.... I presume it only ties into certain online retailers, so maybe Amazon, for example, doesn't sell that BD player (just checked and they actually do). I'm quite certain they sell that movie though.

The logos are supposed to appear for links...

But those Amazon ones are interesting... not sure why they are being made... and even more concerning is that the links are using someone else amazon referal code... not the SatelliteGuys Amazon referral code...

I will investigate!

That's theft from this site!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If a thread has multiple pages, in the forum view/list of all threads, the graphics/page numbers aren't visible unless you mouse-over them. I normally use the un-supported Classic theme, but confirmed this is the case with the default theme (screenshots are with that as well).

View attachment 98293

View attachment 98295

That is a feature, not a bug. Its to keep the site looking clean.

Is there a setting or theme where the page numbers show up without hovering over them. this is really the only minor issue i have with the new site

Nope no option unfortunately.

Its setup that way to reduce clutter to the bots. They can't see the javascript stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts