Anyway around the 2 year commitment for new customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'ts just like how the cellphone carriers do it. You can FULLY buy a reciever/dvr ONLY thru DTV BUT the catch is you will pay big. For example a hddvr costs you 199 to lease and yet to fully buy it (499.00) when you fully buy the boxes then you dont have to get caught in those stupid contracts.

The way cellphone contracts work and DIRECTV contracts are 2 completely differnt things. I've never seen a DIRECTV ad that says -
Buy all the equipment upfront and there's NO CONTRACTS TO SIGN !!

Even stonecold said he had to fight to get his aunt set-up without a contract.
Probably the only reason he got his aunt out of the contract was because he works for DIRECTV.

I had a moment of pause on the 2-year commitment too. But after looking at the channel line up and real monthly costs, including all fees after promotions end, I chose DTV My 2 years would be just about up and I have no intention of changing. The only thing that bothers me is that they extend your commitment back to 2 years when you upgrade hardware. (Both companies to that.)

The way cellphone contracts work and DIRECTV contracts are 2 completely differnt things. I've never seen a DIRECTV ad that says -

Probably the only reason he got his aunt out of the contract was because he works for DIRECTV.
Excuse me but I do know because I talked and learned DIRECTLY from DTV on this issue!! I was not happy myself having to get in a contract. I was fully told the FULL price of all the boxes ( add $300 to the lease price) and thats what it cost and YES you are NOT stuck in a contract! The only thing is you can only buy a full purchase thru Dtv not the retail stores and there is no promise you will get a brand new unit. That was the only reason I ended up going ahead and getting a leased box so I could have an untouched/new unit. It is NO damned different once again than the cellphones. Pay the extra money and you dont get stuck with the contracts. Double check your facts before you smart off! Call DTV the next time

I never mentioned I was an employee to them but it was a hard fought fight to get them to turn on everything with out a fight.

1. it not easy and they will resist.

2. it is possible to do just expensive to do.

Excuse me but I do know because I talked and learned DIRECTLY from DTV on this issue!! I was not happy myself having to get in a contract. I was fully told the FULL price of all the boxes ( add $300 to the lease price) and thats what it cost and YES you are NOT stuck in a contract! The only thing is you can only buy a full purchase thru Dtv not the retail stores and there is no promise you will get a brand new unit. That was the only reason I ended up going ahead and getting a leased box so I could have an untouched/new unit. It is NO damned different once again than the cellphones. Pay the extra money and you dont get stuck with the contracts. Double check your facts before you smart off! Call DTV the next time

OK I am Directv....

1. You can own your equipment but if you take the free pro install, 2 year contract.

2. If you own your equipment and have pay someone out side to do your install, but need a new access card with your equipment 2 year contract.

3. If you own your equipment plus play for some one to install you plus have owned equipment that comes with its orginal cards, then there no contract but you still have to fight with them over it. As calling up and saying hey I dont have an account but I already installed and I purchase my own box does not go over well with them. As they have to basically have you create a fake order , so a account number is taken care of remove all equipment from said fake order and close it work ticket after activating your own box and then you have to get sent to Rentions to figh with them to remove the 2 year as system created the 2 year when it created the account. They will eventually remove it might need a rentions supervisor.

Known facts,

1. we actively discourage buying equipment outright.
2. you can buy owned equpment at a retailer that is new it call a hr21pro....
3. I am mr wonderful

No on a side point, if you have an existing account added a owned reciever such as the hr21pro or another owned box that you pay full price for is very easy.

But to setup a new account bigger pain in the ass then it is worth.

OKAY.
Whatever you say.
I guess you taught me a thing or 2.
:shocked

Excuse me but I'd still never buy all my stuff(refurbs) for $1000(2 HD DVRs) just to avoid a 2 year commitment and avoid paying $300 to $400 early termination fee. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Excuse me, once again according to stonecold it's nearly impossible to do it anyways.

Excuse me, people are nuts. Poor Cold has to deal with this crap day in/out; find the permanent ignore feature on this one & stop trying to rationalize the unreasonable. Bottom line one way or the other these are the people that play a part in our rising monthly costs & why the whole 2-yr thing went into existence in the first place. Might only be a small piece of the equation but a few years back you could look at houses & see every companies dish mounted somewhere on the same property; playing the deal of the month shuffle & the Co's got wise/tired & changed the rules for all of us.

No on a side point, if you have an existing account added a owned reciever such as the hr21pro or another owned box that you pay full price for is very easy.

But to setup a new account bigger pain in the ass then it is worth.
Yeah that would perfectly explain why the DTV CSR's were more than willing to tell me that you could actually buy the boxes and even the prices on them ( since I was an already existing customer + even my old equipment at the time was owned ) But like I was talking to you about privately once + in the previous message the ONLY catch is you dont get promised a brand new unit when you fully buy it from them. I ended up getting a leased unit because I just couldnt think of spending $499 for a possibly used HR dvr. Would have been different if they would promise to ship an brand new one. Like I was telling you privately, I wished I could just now pay DTV the other $300 to change my leased box into a fully owned box ( since I already know this one is a brand new one) Yeah if you buy the boxes its just like you also said they will still try to get you on the contract crap IF you let them install new dishes etc. I am savvy enough to know how to do that part. I even put my new 5lnb setup together myself last summer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)