Anyway to stop screensaver on vip222 receivers ?

caboclipper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
There is something called INACTIVITY TIMEOUT or something like this on the dish receivers.

Is there a way to stop this from happening ? I am installaing a huge tv with 4 satellite feeds, it splits 4 ways, one feed on each. Sometiomes for sports some others for stock or gold trading... there is no "activity" for the remote control, but there is a lot of activity going on...

Is there a way to stop this from happening... the dish logo bouncing on the screen ? To stop this permanently ?

There used to be a selection under Preferences to modify how long before a 722 would go into Standby. It's no longer there. I checked the manual I downloaded from Dish for my 722. Also gone on my 211. I know the logo appears in the morning after the over night reboot.

The "inactivity timeout" setting should be under Menu - Preferences - Updates if its the same as the 722 & 722k

Since the OP is talking about a 222 the 722 answers don't apply. On my VIP222K you can select Inactivity Standby from the Preferences menu. From there you cna Enable or Disable activation or set the Inactivity Duration timer to between 4 and 8 hours.

The tip given by n0qcu (on Nov 17, 2011) was indeed applicable to the ViP222k.
I own one now, and on this model the option was moved into the Preferences .. Updates (sub)menu.
Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)