Can this be done?

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
My neighbor is wanting to enter the world of HD. He has Comcast but wants to sub to E* because of more HD channels. Long story straight he has a Dish 500 with a DPP LNB. He gets low to mid 70's on both sats. The 129 maybe difficult to bring in. So it wants to use a Dish 1000.4 as a wing dish with the tilt set to 0. Just run a line from the 1000.4 with a DP LNB to the satellite in on his Dish 500 with a DPP LNB.

Best bet is to use the 1k4 ea & the 500 set as a wing for 110 only. The only thing he won't get is locals in hd but they'll still be sd. Btw 129 comes in a tad under 26 so it's really low here.

My neighbor is wanting to enter the world of HD. He has Comcast but wants to sub to E* because of more HD channels. Long story straight he has a Dish 500 with a DPP LNB. He gets low to mid 70's on both sats. The 129 maybe difficult to bring in. So it wants to use a Dish 1000.4 as a wing dish with the tilt set to 0. Just run a line from the 1000.4 with a DP LNB to the satellite in on his Dish 500 with a DPP LNB.

I may be missing something, but if your neighbor is coming to Dish, and they're okay with a 24 month agreement, let Dish handle choosing and placing the dish. I understand some folks want to do it all themselves, and own all their equipment, and if the neighbor is like that, that's okay, but if they're like most, and need equipment, setting up a new account as a new customer will yield new customer pricing, plus the customer could choose something like the Hopper/Joey system.

I may be missing something, but if your neighbor is coming to Dish, and they're okay with a 24 month agreement, let Dish handle choosing and placing the dish. I understand some folks want to do it all themselves, and own all their equipment, and if the neighbor is like that, that's okay, but if they're like most, and need equipment, setting up a new account as a new customer will yield new customer pricing, plus the customer could choose something like the Hopper/Joey system.
That's what I told him when I walked over to his house. Told him those boxes isn't cheap. So I talked him to calling E* tomorrow:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)