Apartment Install Pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vedhead

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
San Jose, CA
So, I designed this mount and it's been working like a charm for over 2 years now...

The arms are long because my last apt faced east and I needed to get through the horizontal bars to clear the side of my building so I could face the dish south...now, I face south and just needed something sturdy enough to hold the 5LNB dish...its been through earthquakes and high winds...I also had to remove it 5 days in a row while they painted the complex...every night I set it back in the same spot and had no issues with reception.

Got all the parts at the local hardware store...ran about $115...

I call it the "F-BOMB ARM MOUNT"...as a sort of "f you" to my old apt complex that said I couldnt attach anything to the railing...so I went between the bars :) Of course, I did get a notice to remove the dish 10 months later...but my lease was up in 12 and they let me keep it until I moved.

Just wanna post this to show you apt renters that you are not s*it outta luck...if you want your NFL Sunday Ticket bad enough...head out to Home Depot and get creative.

Last edited:
Looks creative, but major question is - why did you not use a tripod ?

I didnt have proper line of sight from inside the balcony...the arms extended off the balcony a foot or so to give me clearance from the building.

I did try a tripod though...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)