Apartment Install Pics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vedhead

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
San Jose, CA
So, I designed this mount and it's been working like a charm for over 2 years now...

The arms are long because my last apt faced east and I needed to get through the horizontal bars to clear the side of my building so I could face the dish south...now, I face south and just needed something sturdy enough to hold the 5LNB dish...its been through earthquakes and high winds...I also had to remove it 5 days in a row while they painted the complex...every night I set it back in the same spot and had no issues with reception.

Got all the parts at the local hardware store...ran about $115...

I call it the "F-BOMB ARM MOUNT"...as a sort of "f you" to my old apt complex that said I couldnt attach anything to the railing...so I went between the bars :) Of course, I did get a notice to remove the dish 10 months later...but my lease was up in 12 and they let me keep it until I moved.

Just wanna post this to show you apt renters that you are not s*it outta luck...if you want your NFL Sunday Ticket bad enough...head out to Home Depot and get creative.

Last edited:
Looks creative, but major question is - why did you not use a tripod ?

I didnt have proper line of sight from inside the balcony...the arms extended off the balcony a foot or so to give me clearance from the building.

I did try a tripod though...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)