Apollo cuts DISH customer access to its local stations in 10 markets

I would like to watch the Town Hall tonight but I cannot. Is there any recourse short of just leaving Dish? And I live in the mountains and there is no OTA reception in this town.
You could always call Apollo/CMG and chew them out. Can file an FCC complaint against Apollo. Demand to know why they removed the channels off Dish.

I would like to watch the Town Hall tonight but I cannot. Is there any recourse short of just leaving Dish? And I live in the mountains and there is no OTA reception in this town.
You have some other choices beside your local channel:

You could file a complaint with your state's Attorney General, just like Dish customers did during the Fisher dispute, as shown in the article I linked in post number 58.

You could always call Apollo/CMG and chew them out. Can file an FCC complaint against Apollo. Demand to know why they removed the channels off Dish.

Sorry I'm late to this forum, I did file a complaint with the FCC. Here in Boston 3 local channels are removed. Two for over a year. Apollo bought the local Fox channel several months ago and demanded a 40% increase even though the Fox channel had agreed to an increase only a year earlier.

Even though my complaint clearly was against the local channels' abuse of the Must Cary Rule, they passed it on to Dish. I responded to the FCC's notification that my complaint was being processed to clarify, but I have yet to heard back.

I encourage everyone to complain. It made me feel better. The COVID shut in environment is the ideal time to make the point. I even got a credit for 3 months for my locals fee.

Even though my complaint clearly was against the local channels' abuse of the Must Cary Rule, they passed it on to Dish. I responded to the FCC's notification that my complaint was being processed to clarify, but I have yet to heard back.
If a station elects "Must Carry", then there's no retransmission payment.

As far as Apollo demanding a "40% increase", don't forget BOTH sides spin the narrative to either make them look good or the other side look bad.

Yes, there are but they include a VPN...
That's one way, but on a PC running Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or possibly some of their derivatives, the free "Location Guard" add-on also works, while Android phones and tablets with GPS capabilities can use the free "Fake GPS" app to change their perceived location. I assume iPhones have something similar available. On my Firestick, I do use the NordVPN app though since it lets me select from most of the DMA's Locast serves. For Jallen0, I would likely go with Locast's Washington, DC or Atlanta feeds, depending on where he is in NC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts