Apple WWDC 2012

The maps feature will be limited with no Siri support on the older iPhone hardware and 2nd gen iPad....

So Siri coming to iPad as well as the expanded functionality they talked about won't be until iOS 6 as well right?

I'm surprised at no new iMac. Didn't the last one come out over a year ago?

I new there wouldn't be a Mini update since the last one for that came out just last July.

Did they say if it was indeed Ivy Bridge?

The difference between Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge is small. I personally wouldn't be to excited just because it has an Ivy Bridge processor. Next year will be the next big jump in the Intel line. Ivy Bridge was the the tick in Intel's tick - tock roadmap. Tick's normally just offer small advancements where their tock release has more of their changes.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Finally Facetime over cellular is now available. This was the only reason I jailbroke my iPhone.

I just jailbroke mine last week and I didn't know that was available. What app would that be? I assume using FaceTime over cellular uses data. I only have the small 200mb plan from AT&T, and I bet using FaceTime would eat up that plan pretty quickly wouldn't it?

smokey982 said:
I just jailbroke mine last week and I didn't know that was available. What app would that be? I assume using FaceTime over cellular uses data. I only have the small 200mb plan from AT&T, and I bet using FaceTime would eat up that plan pretty quickly wouldn't it?

The app Scott was referring to is a purchased app from Cydia called My3G. It tricked your iDevice into thinking it is always on a WiFi network. Allowing FaceTime to work over 3G, or even download large apps from Apples own app store that would be considered to large to be allowed to download over 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have the best wife in the world...

I am guessing she was reading this thread as when I got home she told me not to bug her about ordering a new laptop. This morning I was looking at the new Retna Macbook and she saw me and asked me which one I liked. I picked the cheaper one and said my answer surprised her as she figured I would want the extra space and the faster CPU (which she was correct about but I didn't tell her that.) anyways after a few second she said "Well I ordered you the more expensive one because I figured that was what you wanted, Happy Fathers day!"

I almost fell over!

She also ordered one for my son who is graduating high school. It was decided a few weeks ago we would be ordering him a new laptop for his graduation present from us, and now he is getting the best as well.

I just ordered 2 Magsafe to Magsafe 2 converters so I can continue to use my old power supplies. :) MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter - Apple Store (U.S.) In addition I ordered a Thunderbold Gigabit ethernet adapter. (They didnt have the Thunderbold Firewire adapter yet listed)

So within 5 days the new laptop should (hopefully) be here. :D

BTW did I say that I have the best wife in the world?

I am guessing she was reading this thread as when I got home she told me not to bug her about ordering a new laptop. This morning I was looking at the new Retna Macbook and she saw me and asked me which one I liked. I picked the cheaper one and said my answer surprised her as she figured I would want the extra space and the faster CPU (which she was correct about but I didn't tell her that.) anyways after a few second she said "Well I ordered you the more expensive one because I figured that was what you wanted, Happy Fathers day!"

I almost fell over!

She also ordered one for my son who is graduating high school. It was decided a few weeks ago we would be ordering him a new laptop for his graduation present from us, and now he is getting the best as well.

I just ordered 2 Magsafe to Magsafe 2 converters so I can continue to use my old power supplies. :) MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter - Apple Store (U.S.) In addition I ordered a Thunderbold Gigabit ethernet adapter. (They didnt have the Thunderbold Firewire adapter yet listed)

Well, now I know where MY Pub membership funds are going... :smug

I almost fell over!

at least you appreciate it. you do realize though that you are going to have to stop shopping for birthday and anniversary presents at that dollar store i took you to last year. Somehow I don't think that a can opener or potholder will be good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)