Apple WWDC Discussion Thread

Actually, upon reflection, it could (& prob is) be that there are still few iPhone customers in China. Just half of whatever few new ones, came from Androids. I guess being expensive makes the iPhone a status symbol there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I liked when he did a demo on receiving a call on the mac without having to grab your iPhone from across the room.

Developer site is up, with iOS8, a redeem link for OSX 10.10; betas for iOS Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, and a beta for Find my Phone Family Share. Downloading the betas of iOS8, but mulling over whether I'll actually install yet. ;)

Everything downloaded, but that is as far as I have gotten. I am waiting for you brave souls to take the jump! :)

I have the beta ready to but i would need my wife to get her udid activated but i know she won't do it. I know when iOS 7 beta came out my phone wasn't holding a charge so to the Apple store I went. Only problem when I got there was they still helped but scolded me on how I'm not even supposed to have this on my device etc... How it's not meant for daily use.

Well I took the plunge and so far everything is running smoothly. Def do like the improved message word guessing.

Still holding out, 12 hours in... but have an itch. ;)

That said, I look forward to reports. Any apps NOT working on the iPhone? Or the iPad for that matter.

The iOS is nice, doesn't really feel like an OS upgrade to me. Everything i have tried as far as apps go have worked fine.

The Hey Siri thing dont seem to work, it says it needs to be plugged into power to work but even when plugged in its not responding.

I installed the new OSX too... and it killed my mail. When ever I open mail I get a problem report pop up on the screen. None of the telephone stuff seems to be working yet. If I call my cell it does not ring on the screen. Nor does it automatically use my phone as a hotspot if I am not around Wifi. I expected it to work since they said it needs no configuration. Looks like I will need to use Time Machine and go back tonight when I get home.

The iOS is nice, doesn't really feel like an OS upgrade to me. Everything i have tried as far as apps go have worked fine.

The Hey Siri thing dont seem to work, it says it needs to be plugged into power to work but even when plugged in its not responding.

I installed the new OSX too... and it killed my mail. When ever I open mail I get a problem report pop up on the screen. None of the telephone stuff seems to be working yet. If I call my cell it does not ring on the screen. Nor does it automatically use my phone as a hotspot if I am not around Wifi. I expected it to work since they said it needs no configuration. Looks like I will need to use Time Machine and go back tonight when I get home.

Scott I figured it out. When you have it connected to power say Hey Siri. It will pop up with hey Siri in the corner, from there you need to give it a command such as how is the weather today? Sports scores. Siri does respond well.

Yeah, I decided before I went to bed last night that I could not risk things with OSX, and the review I read said it was still spotty with a lot of stuff not there yet. With just one machine, it is too risky for me. In a few betas down the road I might be willing.

I might give iOS8 a try on my iPad, but not today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts