Apple's 4th-generation iPhone revealed

...hopefully they're putting a method in place to measure the sales metrics...
This is what Apple "metrics" look like:
-we invented everything of importance;
-what we haven't invented - and is still somewhat important - we have the best implementation of;
-everything else is an abomination.

Diogen.

Digiblur

I think you need to get out more. People like us who love to tinker and experiment are not in the majority. People who just want the thing to work are the major buying force. This is why iPhone system, rather the apple system of the "I" products is so much a success.

There's plenty of people in this building and on the streets downtown. We're primarily a AT&T area due to their massive coverage here. Probably 75% AT&T customers if I had to guess. I see a few Droids around...blackberries...and starting to see more and more of the backflip android phone. It's rare to see a WinMo phone ;) The iphone craze around here seems to be dieing off.

There's plenty of people in this building and on the streets downtown. We're primarily a AT&T area due to their massive coverage here. Probably 75% AT&T customers if I had to guess. I see a few Droids around...blackberries...and starting to see more and more of the backflip android phone. It's rare to see a WinMo phone ;) The iphone craze around here seems to be dieing off.

Apple sold 8.8 million of them last quarter. I'd kill to have a product on the market that was dying like that...

Digiblur
In the business world you will see few iPhones because this is one marketplace iPhone has a weakness, with blackberry being the strongest.
Rather, I look at young people at the malls and non business place locations. Also, what I see in my travels are business people who have a BB for their job and an iPhone for personal use.

Here is a good read on the legalities of the raid on Jason Chens house...

Understanding the legal issues that are clouding the Gizmodo iPhone raid | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

Ultimately I agree with the following paragraph which says it all..

The short answer, he said, is that a company whose trade secrets are exposed by a simple mistake had no true legal recourse. Sure, that company can throw lawyers at it and put the fear into the next guy by showing that they’re not afraid to bust out the wrath of the legal team.

I find this case interesting and desturbing because as you know we are much like Gizmodo in that we like to dig for stuff and leak information before its ready to be released.

In the past we have had one of the companies threaten us legally as we posted some information which was leaked to us. And through the help of a number of legal minds basically told them to go pound sand and told them why what I posted was legal.

Its not up to sites like our to police whats posted and some things might be propiarty / company confidential. Its up to the companies to work to keep these kinds of leaks from getting out.

This is why this case concerns me as it appears we could see companies trying to dictate what we can post. At last time I looked the constitution did not look like toliet paper, but with all these cases as of late its looking more like its only use is to wipe your butt.

We must stand together and protect the freedoms we have an enjoy and illegal search and seizure such as what happened to Jason Check should have never happened. (Did they really need to kick the door in?)

Maybe i should have called the authorities when my iphone 3G i had went dark for no reason i could find. maybe authorities should have kicked steve jobs door in and got me a new iphone out of his house!! LOL..

Apple and the engineer both messed up or like previously said...its amazing what "police action" will be done. Good going steve...you make me want an ipad

We must stand together and protect the freedoms we have an enjoy and illegal search and seizure such as what happened to Jason Check should have never happened. (Did they really need to kick the door in?)

I'm sure they will say they had to since Jason could have destroyed evidence remotely. Like a lot of the cops around here, they think they are above the law and nothing applies to them...but that's a discussion for another forum.

Jason had a weeks time to distroy anything he wanted to. There was no reason for kicking in a door and doing an illegal nighttime search, that was above what the warrent called for.

This wasnt about a drug ring, prostitution sting, or terrorist activity that warrented this kind of action. All of this is over a cell phone which was returned to Apple earlier in the week.

goes to show what you can get done when have the $$$$$$$$!

coming soon....everyone gets the same treatment-there will be no misdemeanor or felony...no varying degrees....if you are a suspect your door will be kicked in..you will be beat down....seized and punished. You would have thought secret intelligence was in that guys apartment....not a phone LOL.

Jason had a weeks time to distroy anything he wanted to. There was no reason for kicking in a door and doing an illegal nighttime search, that was above what the warrent called for.

This wasnt about a drug ring, prostitution sting, or terrorist activity that warrented this kind of action. All of this is over a cell phone which was returned to Apple earlier in the week.

I agree 100%. While there may have been a law or two broken when money changed hands, the response by law enforcement is far beyond anything that could be called reasonable. Yes, the person had been in possession of what could be called stolen property but no lives were put at risk. This kind of thing just gives law enforcement a worse reputation than they already have.

I wonder if they could get the $5000 classified as paying for a tip from an informant? They really were not buying the iPhone, but a tip instead.

In the business world you will see few iPhones because this is one marketplace iPhone has a weakness, .......

Are you kidding? Around here, iPhone in business is exploding. After I got one, several of our senior people had to have one. Including one guy who loathes technology and refused to "do" email. He now does all his email on his iPhone. We all love the link to exchange, for email, contacts, calendar, etc (yes, also available elsewhere). And our vendors and even customers all seem to have, or be getting, iPhones. And they're all "bumping" information to each other.

Today, iPhones are the sexy must have for sales critters. Blackberries are seen as "so yesterday." ;)

Are you kidding? Around here, iPhone in business is exploding. After I got one, several of our senior people had to have one. Including one guy who loathes technology and refused to "do" email. He now does all his email on his iPhone. We all love the link to exchange, for email, contacts, calendar, etc (yes, also available elsewhere). And our vendors and even customers all seem to have, or be getting, iPhones. And they're all "bumping" information to each other.

Today, iPhones are the sexy must have for sales critters. Blackberries are seen as "so yesterday." ;)

We had a project at work to enable the iPhone to access our email system. Once the people requesting found out that the phone would be locked down so they would not be able to use it for music, movies or access the app store the project was stopped as fast as it was started.

I agree 100%. While there may have been a law or two broken when money changed hands, the response by law enforcement is far beyond anything that could be called reasonable. Yes, the person had been in possession of what could be called stolen property but no lives were put at risk. This kind of thing just gives law enforcement a worse reputation than they already have.

At least this didn't happen here in J'ville, Here the cops open fire on a car with women and children shooting innocent people but they get their suspect, dead!

We had a project at work to enable the iPhone to access our email system. Once the people requesting found out that the phone would be locked down so they would not be able to use it for music, movies or access the app store the project was stopped as fast as it was started.

We did not lock ours down. Why did you? I see no benefit. :confused:

No way I know of to access our server data via an iPhone, outside of exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)