Are there ever any DIRT members around anymore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have been stoping in the forum a couple times a day for 3 days & can never seem to find any DIRT team members online. What gives?
They have had less presence than usual this summer. I know Matt is around at least three days a week, but the others have been unaccountable for, for some time. I know at one point they were getting lazy about logging into SatGuys, though they were still working Facebook and a couple of others.

I have been stoping in the forum a couple times a day for 3 days & can never seem to find any DIRT team members online. What gives?

I am typically online and have my hours in my signature. If you send me the PM with details I can help, but may not reply immediately as we are short-staffed. Calling, FB or chat are recommended for immediate assistance.

I have noticed that some former DIRT members (Laila S. for example) still have their old hours listed in their signatures, which can make things confusing. Someone should tell these members to change their signatures, or perhaps a moderator could delete their signatures if they are no longer active members here.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Right, but her signature still lists hours, just like yours does. That is the point I was trying to make.
Unless a site admin or staff is made aware of that, it will remain that way unless Lalia changes it (presuming she still visits). Scott Greczkowski or someone can, and did, remove her from the DIRT group though. Her avatar/username could confuse people

lalia.png

but she's not listed in RED or on the staff member page so no one should stumble across her info and think she's part of DIRT anymore.

I started a conversation with Matt (Speedy) about lack of Dirt presence. This was his response...

I understand, Kent. Over the past 6 months we have lost more than half of the people on this team to other positions or job relocations. This team will also not be here (in Littleton, CO) by the end of the year as a different site is taking over it.

Not saying that SatGuys have not been important to me or the team, but we do also have FB/Twitter and forum.dish as the main things that we must watch, and we have been swamped. I am unable to answer a lot immediately but do respond when I can.

Hopefully when the new team is up and running there are more that are active on the forum. As for me, not sure where I will be yet, but do hope that it is somewhere with SatGuys and our new forum.

(We are redoing our forum if you did not know)
DISH Support Forum • View topic - Forum Update

Matt 'Speedy' Gonzales
Tuesday-Saturday 6am-3pm MT
OFF Sunday and Monday

FWIW: Looks like Matt has his hands full over at Facebook. I don't envy him and the other DIRT team members some of the comments they have to respond to.

Also, if you search Satellite Guys on Facebook, you get some retailers. Might be worth putting up a FB page to help attract those who need help to this site. Just a suggestion anyway.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts