Are there instructions online for 5LNB mouting instructions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I am getting this dish soon. I'd like to get a head-start or at least read up and mentally prepare. Is there an online source for the instructions anywhere? Thanks,

Rob

My installer did not use any support monopoles on my roof mount (which has a pretty significant pitch). Did he do it wrong? When I asked him if they were needed, he said no. This .pdf seems to contradict him on page 7. I know that when my parents had an AT-9 installed on their house, which has a less steep roof, they got support poles.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

nhlfan79 said:
My installer did not use any support monopoles on my roof mount (which has a pretty significant pitch). Did he do it wrong? When I asked him if they were needed, he said no. This .pdf seems to contradict him on page 7. I know that when my parents had an AT-9 installed on their house, which has a less steep roof, they got support poles.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, they should have been used, besides the roof pitch being an issue, if you get significant winds, you may get alignment issues.

Why do people still post that old incorrect AT9 manual that Solidsignal refuses to update? The current version has been posted here before and should be easy to find. Look for the one without the obvious “preliminary” banner across the front.
Bob

little dish guy said:
Found one.:hatsoff:
Bob
I did not know there was more than one, I was just looking at one the other day, I wonder if it's different or not ???
Did they make this set up any easier ? or did they lighten the dish itself ... (that would be nice !!!)

Jimbo

little dish guy said:
Why do people still post that old incorrect AT9 manual that Solidsignal refuses to update? The current version has been posted here before and should be easy to find. Look for the one without the obvious *preliminary* banner across the front.
Bob

Because maybe I am not a satellite dealer or installer and I have better things to do than play 'check up' on solidsignal? ;)

There is a separate manual for the various flavors of 5-LNB dishes but the WNC seems to be the cleanest copy that is being passed around. If you don’t have a WNC dish this manual will not address minor LNB and cable specifics but it does have the latest alignment instructions for the mount with a pull pin and side to side dither adjustment. You will have to wait for the slimline dish if you want something a little lighter.
Bob
Jimbos said:
I did not know there was more than one, I was just looking at one the other day, I wonder if it's different or not ???
Did they make this set up any easier ? or did they lighten the dish itself ... (that would be nice !!!)

Jimbo

The support arms should be used in every application of an AT-9 install, of course unless it's mounted on a pole in the ground..

Status
Please reply by conversation.