Arkansas Weather

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
I guess the weather must be bad in Arkansas? Equity went down for a while on g10r. Back up now though. Enjoying Retrojams tonight.

English and Spanish channels went dead

A few minutes ago, the channels went off the air. Now they are back on. Is there a storm going over Little Rock, Arkansas?

Yes, the weather is bad. I lost Cops on KWBM. I was wondering what happened, I lost all quality!

Then I checked intellicast.com for the weather and saw that AR was getting hammered.

Maybe y'all do but we are DROWNING down here, I got stuck TWICE cutting the grass today....:)

But I hope y'all get more, I know the folks in ATL are suffering with no water...:(

Ok next question. Can we get rid of LAT TV? Oh I wish. Sure would be nice to have Retrojams on at 24 hours. Perty please with sugar on top. Beg beg beg.

Ya know, from a business point, those regular outages are totally unacceptable.
If my ISP went out as much as Equity, I'd change providers.

Yes, I realize that in this case, there may not be a lot of options for the station, but there are for the viewers, and they are the ones who need to be kept happy.

Hey Anole the good part is, they won't make us send in our receiver if we quit watching, nor charge our credit card $400 automatically!! The outages are annoying but , they don't charge us (yet) and there is NO CONTRACT. YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Ya know, from a business point, those regular outages are totally unacceptable.
If my ISP went out as much as Equity, I'd change providers.

Yes, I realize that in this case, there may not be a lot of options for the station, but there are for the viewers, and they are the ones who need to be kept happy.

If I was thinking, I would have switched over to WUMN channel 13 Over the air to see if it was still there. I'm guessing that's why there's a Ku and C-Band, they can back up each other so the end result is minimal drop-out.

I was watching KATV at the time, which had a storm warning crawl at the bottom around the time it went out. I guess that's one way to tell if you're going to lose a signal!

Ku isn't the most reliable transmission method around ;) WGNO/WNOL-TV New Orleans, which were FTA on Ku-Band for awhile, had to switch to fiber because of weather interference. C-Band is far more forgiving, and I would expect any future Equity channels to go that route (which is what they are already doing)... I just hope that what they already have on Ku stays up there :)

I have yet to see my local OTA affiliate of RTN from Albany, NY lose it's signal. Perhaps because it comes from G26. I know it's been there when the G10 feeds were down. The C band advantage with the bad weather.

There have been times the program I was watching on G10 was lost and I switched to G3 to finish it.

If I was thinking, I would have switched over to WUMN channel 13 Over the air to see if it was still there. I'm guessing that's why there's a Ku and C-Band, they can back up each other so the end result is minimal drop-out.

WUMN is on both C & KU but most of the KU channels arent on C-Band. Just WNGS, WMQF and WUMN

Last edited:
Wwoohooo the radar looks fierce for Arkansas tonite, big storm system still in place, moving east later on....

Here we go again. I picked a bad time to take my 1.2 CM out of service. Working on painting and motorizing it with a polar mount so I have a 76 cm installed temporarily.

Well, it's not you who needs the bigger dish, it's Equity.
They need to crank up the uplink power.
Don't they monitor their signal and throttle the power accordingly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)