Arkansas Weather

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
After I posted that I realized what I typed made no sense. On the other hand we finally got something out in the open. Why aren't they (Equity) compensating for the signal loss. If it is affecting us then it will affect their customer as well. hmmmm.

you have to remember most cable heads arent using a 30" dish for KU. They probably have a 10 foot dish. ;)

Last ngiht during those stroms I had all 3 muxes on G10 with the 36" dish but the 30" 11720 was pixeling and gone.

The OTA signal of WNGS RTN11 was cutting out last night during Hawaii Five-O. It shows a black bar across near the top of the display with "Poor Quality Signal" and then when it drops out totally "No Signal".

Larry
can you get the digital signal of it on 7-2? (its a subchannel on WBKW)
...WKBW-7
Yes, during the week I'm at my apartment and have an OTA antenna on the balcony. (dish not allowed, they have not yet complained about the OTA antenna) 7-2 is one of my favorite and most powerfull channels. I can also get it at home on the weekends with my tower. The American channels are extremely powerfull. My local (digital) channels are hard to receive.
CTV 17.4kW
CityTV 1.2kW
SunTV 2.81kW

WKBW 358kW
WNLO 1000kW

I just saw the new Unreliable Sources add (as I typed this)..... Gary had hair!!!!

Working great tonight. Keep up the great work Equity. Thanks for being patient with our "constructive criticism"....the last thing we want to do is force you into encryption. Thank you for all the great FTA tv and radio you provide, it is much apreciated out here in the sticks.

Gary
I've seen a LatTV ID usually when retrojams goes to paid programs at night. Also at the end of the special show you had it showed that. It clearly said "LatTV" and had all the call signs for it.

Every night at 9pm PDT latv cuts in with their logo and jingle then it goes to paid programming. Hope to see Retrojams 24/7. Thanks Gary.

That be the same thing for sure. I'm not even sure how long it is on as when it comes on I switch. I can really handle the occasional commercials that Retrojams has and I know they (Equity) need the advertising monies but those long lengthy infomercials just plain stink so I just flip the channel then.

Yep 0Q here. Thought it was my dish but i just swept the snow off. Hope the weather gets better back there.....mission impossible is coming up.

Getting pounded is being generous, I got caught in that storm earlier while at my lake house in NE Oklahoma and I thought I was gonna have to take the boat out to leave. A solid hour and a half of heavy rain and occasional hail.

bad weather there right now. Turned on KATV and the whole state has some warning/watch there........Retro Jams went in the crapper.....84 down to 21 quality

My OTA reception of WNGS is strong, but they are just transmitting a black screen with "Poor Quality Signal". This is getting all to common. Good thing they played the same episode earlier in the week.

Larry
Interesting they are using the KU feed. WNGS is also on G3 C-Band and that signal doesn't die very often. 3 of the channels are in both KU & C (and conveniently they're all in Northern states where snow is common)
WNGS
WMQF Fox Marquette
WUMN Univision Minneapolis

Interesting as WKBW-7 is currently broadcasting on 38-1, but their promo on WKBW indicates they will be on 7 after the analog shutdown (or do they only mean that their program pid will say 7). WNGS does have an application for channel 46-1. I'm just worried that if WNGS stays with WKBW-7 and they do switch to channel 7, or if they do get their own transmitter on 46-1 that the antenna patterns will be directional and I will no longer be able to recieve their OTA signal. This is happening to other stations along the US/Canada boarder.
As it is less than a year to the analog shutdown, WNGS bradcasting on WKBW's subchannel might only be for short term untill they get their transmitter running. This may be why they are only using the Ku band signal to cut their costs in equipement, as it is only for less than a year to go now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts