teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Season Premiere: "Pilot": Five years after a shipwreck left him stranded on a remote island, Oliver Queen is discovered and returned home to those closest to him; Oliver tries to right the wrongs of society and his family by creating a secret vigilante persona known as Arrow.

S~

Timer set.

My only issue with Smallville was the lack of grit. Arrow seems to be more like Supernatural, I mean the whole neck break was surprising, but I like seeing a little more edge in hero shows.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Honor Thy Father": Oliver runs into Laurel at the courthouse and learns she is prosecuting a man associated with his father; the Chinese Triad sends a mercenary to deal with Laurel; Moira and Walter ask Oliver to take over the company.

S~

First Look at Deathstroke & Actor John Barrowman in ‘Arrow’

First-look-at-Deathstroke-on-Arrow.jpg

First-look-at-Deathstroke-on-Arrow-Deathstroke-holding-an-Arrow.jpg

arrow-john-barrowman-2.jpg

http://screenrant.com/arrow-tv-show-deathstroke-photos-john-barrowman/

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Honor Thy Father": Oliver runs into Laurel at the courthouse and learns she is prosecuting a man associated with his father; the Chinese Triad sends a mercenary to deal with Laurel; Moira and Walter ask Oliver to take over the company.

S~

"Oliver" and "Laurel"? You gotta be kidding me. Then again, I like Laurel and (Oliver) Hardy! lol

I recorded Arrow expecting to not even make it through the first episode, but I wanted to give it a chance. I am glad I did, because I really enjoyed the first episode. Best new show of the season for me so far.

I don't know if I will like this show with all the neck snapping and shooting deaths involved. I guess I comparing this Arrow to the Arrow on Smallville. I liked the Smallville version much better. But I guess they wanted a complete reboot and different direction with this new show.

IMO, one of the flaws with Smallville were the characters were too sissy-fied. Im glad to see they are correcting it, which they need to do in this day an age of comic movies and the bar that has been set. DC is getting hammered by Marvel, and they need to make adjustments.

IMO, one of the flaws with Smallville were the characters were too sissy-fied. Im glad to see they are correcting it, which they need to do in this day an age of comic movies and the bar that has been set. DC is getting hammered by Marvel, and they need to make adjustments.

I think you are right about the competition Marvel. Marvel has always had a darker tinge to it's characters in movies and they want to attract the crowd that likes that filter. I kind of liked the Smallville way of portraying the characters. But I liked the comics where the good guys were like Superman ,who would of never killed his nemesis by snapping his neck ,even though he could of.

I agree about Superman, he always had the good guy qualities, I just found it hard to spend the money on his comics because at times he has a lack of competition. But then you have Batman, a couple of comic versions I subscribe to, and he aint so nice ;) (but he generally does not kill).

Im honestly not sure how Arrow is in the comics because ive never kept up with his character, but I do like the show.

I liked the premiere. It is of course a comic, I just have to chuckle a bit that he can put on a hoodie and green eye shadow and no one knows it is him... I guess if Clark Kent could just wear big glasses as a disguise this works too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)