Article on ESPN/Dish Upcoming Negotiations

Would be great if a Deal could be made and some of the Disney Channels light up in HD

I have a good feeling... :)

Its a gut feeling.

That's all I can say.

To be honest, your positive comments over the last few months are the only reason I'm not real worried about the whole thing. My wife and I are huge football fans, and thats really the only sports we watch all year other than UFC, so I cannot afford an issue with ESPN.

I know dish is not for sports and what not but they have an opportunity to make there multi sports pack interesting w espn deal coming up and fox sports as well

IF we do get the hd versions of DISNEY back and Abc family etc, I take it to mean that we will be paying twice for both hd and sd versions like Disney/Espn/Abc wanted right? That was the sticking point in why we lost the hd versions of these channels in the first place. I guess we will see our prices go up again by next February.

I know there are still a whole lot of people that still don't have HD but if Dish is trying to focus on the higher cost subs why not just buy the HD version?

To be honest, your positive comments over the last few months are the only reason I'm not real worried about the whole thing. My wife and I are huge football fans, and thats really the only sports we watch all year other than UFC, so I cannot afford an issue with ESPN.

Right there with ya man. My wife and I love college football. We have to have our ESPN channels!

IF we do get the hd versions of DISNEY back and Abc family etc, I take it to mean that we will be paying twice for both hd and sd versions like Disney/Espn/Abc wanted right? That was the sticking point in why we lost the hd versions of these channels in the first place. I guess we will see our prices go up again by next February.

Our prices will go up in February with our without ESPN just like they did this year. That's just the way it works. Unfortunately for you ESPN isn't going anywhere for long. It's just too big.

The tone of voice from charlie on the Q2 call makes be think its already a done deal plus what Scott said on a passed satellite nation.

I say its a done deal (All HD channels will be back) and dish gets new digital rights as well.

Just My two cents.

The tone of voice from charlie on the Q2 call makes be think its already a done deal plus what Scott said on a passed satellite nation.

I say its a done deal (All HD channels will be back) and dish gets new digital rights as well.

Just My two cents.

Hope your right. :)

Our prices will go up in February with our without ESPN just like they did this year. That's just the way it works. Unfortunately for you ESPN isn't going anywhere for long. It's just too big.

Yeah ESPN is begging to be a pain I hope Fox with their regional sport networks and this new One channel do well ESPN needs more competition. Heck allot of times Fox does a better job covering the sports and not pushing their propaganda like ESPN did with the BCS or BS. Thank goodness it's going away and we can get a real champion with a playoff finally which is way overdue.

Just My two cents.

I did not hear the Sat Nation comment, but I would be super glad. If we get all the HD plus WatchESPN, I could care less if they play hardball with FS1.

My daughter watches Disney channel ALL the time - I hope the HD versions come back soon. Sports and ESPN are non-issues to me but Disney, Disney XD, ABC Family, etc. are all big channels for our family and have been missed in proper HD.

I don't like how the writer said that the Hopper automatically REMOVES commercials. That is misleading and makes Dish look bad. The commercials are just skipped over and the customer has to approve the use of that feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)