As a returner, am I screwed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
I keep getting the "Come back to DirecTV" mails and thought maybe I'd take them up on the offer. So I give them a call... ouch. $299 each for 2 of the HR20s, $99 for the H20, and I'd get $99 off. No trade-in deals for my old equipment like my HD Tivo. *sigh* I think I'm stuck with Comcast. There's nothing I can do to get any better deal is there?

Heh, that's what I did.

Mom's account, where I lived when I was an employee, is still under my name to avoid paying charges for all the new access card they'd make her buy to switch it.

As a result, my recent D* install was under my fiancee's name, didn't do a very good job haggling, and had many other problems, so settled with the advertised new customer offer and am going to get a new access card ordered and switch my upgraded D* Tivo from my old account to the new one.

Last edited:
I keep getting the "Come back to DirecTV" mails and thought maybe I'd take them up on the offer. So I give them a call... ouch. $299 each for 2 of the HR20s, $99 for the H20, and I'd get $99 off. No trade-in deals for my old equipment like my HD Tivo. *sigh* I think I'm stuck with Comcast. There's nothing I can do to get any better deal is there?
How much better deal do you want? Even if your wife was the one signing up the price is the same $299 for the upgrade to a HR20 and $99 for the H20 with 1(one) $100 instant rebate. The offer is the same for equipment, if you want better stay with Comcast they only charge a monthly lease fee.:)

Don't feel bad about getting the shaft from D*. I too, had them and they sent me this letter telling that they wanted me back so I called them today. Basically they are not willing to give me any more then they have on their web site. I wanted one HD DVR and one HD receiver, for a total of $299.99.
That price includes a $100 instant rebate. I told the guy that I talked to that they didn't want me back that much if that was the best deal they are willing to give me. I just don't have the cash to put up front like that. I am currently with E*. I really don't have any problems with them, so I guess that I will just stay with them for a while longer and see what they do inreqards to HD programming. I think that D* has some pretty good channels coming up that E* is not going to carry. One of them the BTN, The, D* told me to check back next month after the current offer has expired to see if they are offering anything any better.

I too got the come back letter from D*. I got everything they promised on the letter. I got the HR20 DVR for $199.00, $10.00 off for twelve months, another $10.00 Mail in rebate for 10 months and when I called back and signed up for the Sunday NLF Ticket I got the Supper Fan for $39.99. I have no complains. Go 49ers.

Call again to get another agent. Don't go through the 'Win-Back' pipeline.....their deals are considerably worse. I got the HD DVR and HD Receiver, 3 months free premium movies, $10/month off X 10 months.....all for $120 including installation.

Try asking for the retention dept when you call. I am a returning customer and I got a free HR-20 by talking to retention.

When I returned before it was someone in retention that said just sign up under the wife's name/social to get deals. As for new customer deals, I have a friend that just signed up and he didn't pay list for any hardware going directly through D*, he used the old cable and E* don't charge large upfront fees, if I can't get something from you I'll probably go with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)