Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
I keep getting the "Come back to DirecTV" mails and thought maybe I'd take them up on the offer. So I give them a call... ouch. $299 each for 2 of the HR20s, $99 for the H20, and I'd get $99 off. No trade-in deals for my old equipment like my HD Tivo. *sigh* I think I'm stuck with Comcast. There's nothing I can do to get any better deal is there?

Heh, that's what I did.

Mom's account, where I lived when I was an employee, is still under my name to avoid paying charges for all the new access card they'd make her buy to switch it.

As a result, my recent D* install was under my fiancee's name, didn't do a very good job haggling, and had many other problems, so settled with the advertised new customer offer and am going to get a new access card ordered and switch my upgraded D* Tivo from my old account to the new one.

Last edited:
I keep getting the "Come back to DirecTV" mails and thought maybe I'd take them up on the offer. So I give them a call... ouch. $299 each for 2 of the HR20s, $99 for the H20, and I'd get $99 off. No trade-in deals for my old equipment like my HD Tivo. *sigh* I think I'm stuck with Comcast. There's nothing I can do to get any better deal is there?
How much better deal do you want? Even if your wife was the one signing up the price is the same $299 for the upgrade to a HR20 and $99 for the H20 with 1(one) $100 instant rebate. The offer is the same for equipment, if you want better stay with Comcast they only charge a monthly lease fee.:)

Don't feel bad about getting the shaft from D*. I too, had them and they sent me this letter telling that they wanted me back so I called them today. Basically they are not willing to give me any more then they have on their web site. I wanted one HD DVR and one HD receiver, for a total of $299.99.
That price includes a $100 instant rebate. I told the guy that I talked to that they didn't want me back that much if that was the best deal they are willing to give me. I just don't have the cash to put up front like that. I am currently with E*. I really don't have any problems with them, so I guess that I will just stay with them for a while longer and see what they do inreqards to HD programming. I think that D* has some pretty good channels coming up that E* is not going to carry. One of them the BTN, The, D* told me to check back next month after the current offer has expired to see if they are offering anything any better.

I too got the come back letter from D*. I got everything they promised on the letter. I got the HR20 DVR for $199.00, $10.00 off for twelve months, another $10.00 Mail in rebate for 10 months and when I called back and signed up for the Sunday NLF Ticket I got the Supper Fan for $39.99. I have no complains. Go 49ers.

Call again to get another agent. Don't go through the 'Win-Back' pipeline.....their deals are considerably worse. I got the HD DVR and HD Receiver, 3 months free premium movies, $10/month off X 10 months.....all for $120 including installation.

Try asking for the retention dept when you call. I am a returning customer and I got a free HR-20 by talking to retention.

When I returned before it was someone in retention that said just sign up under the wife's name/social to get deals. As for new customer deals, I have a friend that just signed up and he didn't pay list for any hardware going directly through D*, he used the old cable and E* don't charge large upfront fees, if I can't get something from you I'll probably go with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts