Status
Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
I have been using the ASC-1 controller for about 5 months now. Really love how it works! However I'm having a problem that did not occur with my G-Box controller. I'm almost always off about 8-10 counts to the West and have to move the dish 8-10 counts to land on the satellite. I have tried putting the capacitor (as mentioned on the Titanium web site) across the M1 & M2 wires at the actuator. Everything else seems good and tight. Any suggestions to try would be appreciated!

From the Titanium web site:

Connect a .01 µF, 50 volt (minimum rated) capacitor between the M1 and M2 wires at the actuator motor. The capacitor minimizes the motor RF noise from interfering with the sensor and servo control circuits.

What kind of control wires are you using? If shielded, where is the ground drain wire connected? Dish Side? House Side? or both?

If it is landing short of the programmed location, extra counts are being received. If overshooting the programmed location, counts are being lost. If only happening in one direction, but not the opposite, the switch may need slight repositioning or try switch replacement. Not sure by the description what exactly is happening?

What firmware version is loaded? 20140401v1 or newer should help with switch bounce and noise isolation. BTW... Just posted-up new loader version 1.7 and firmware 20140702v1 on the Titanium Satellite Upgrade page: http://titaniumsatellite.com/updates

Brian,

Its landing short of the satellite, I have to take a look not sure if it happens when I go east to west. For some oddball reason I seem to mostly go west to east! I'll check and see what version firmware I have loaded.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know what I find out!

If it is landing short of the programmed location, extra counts are being received. If overshooting the programmed location, counts are being lost. If only happening in one direction, but not the opposite, the switch may need slight repositioning or try switch replacement. Not sure by the description what exactly is happening?

What firmware version is loaded? 20140401v1 or newer should help with switch bounce and noise isolation. BTW... Just posted-up new loader version 1.7 and firmware 20140702v1 on the Titanium Satellite Upgrade page: http://titaniumsatellite.com/updates

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Brian, The update you just posted made a significant improvement (in the short time I have tested). Seems to be landing very close if not dead on going E-W and W-E.

Thanks for a great product and terrific support!

Reactions: KE4EST
Interesting that this firmware version made a difference for you. There was a very minor change in the amplitude monitoring and timing logic for the sensor circuit, but would not have thought that it would introduce any changes for the issue you had experienced. Please keep us updated!

When I was scanning the arc 139W to 45W yesterday we had our usual round of thunderstorms move through. This morning I did a pass from W-E & then E-W and everything is working 100% better than before the firmware update! For whatever reason I guess my timing was right to ask for help just as the the firmware was released! Thanks again!

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)