Asc1 Not Moving West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Brian,

How difficult a job is it ?
Whats involved...soldering ?
If its a basic job/not too complicated, I would attempt it with your instructions.

John

Yes, relay replacement involves soldering.

Unless you have electronic desolder / solder experience and a work station, refer the repair to someone with the tools, knowledge and experience.

If you have the skillset and tools, you might choose to safely open the case, order replacement relays and replace. This repair doesn't take much time or expense and may be easy for some members, but my assistance won't extend to guiding you through a self-repair attempt.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Brian,

Thanks anyway.
Guess since shipping to you wouldn't be cost effective, I’ll hope the “tapping relay method” will work for me...for a while.
Hopefully I can eventually find a electronic repair shop that will be reasonable.
Take care.

John

Hi all,

How do I access these relays to give them a little tap ?
I loosened the screws in front and pulled out (but did not disconnect) the front faceplate.
Is there a better way to access these relays ? Where are they located ?
Does the chassis slide out ? If so, how ?
Thanks in advance.

John

john if and when u get the replacement relays, i would gladly install them for u, but being handicaped and dont drive anymore , u would have to bring it/them to me, i am in braintree, u could probibly wait and bring back when done, never worked on one , but doing componet level repair for over 30 years, lets do it. tom holmes.

Reactions: JFOK
Tom,

Thanks for the generous offer.
I may take you up on it in the future.
Braintree is about an hour away from me.
I was able to figure out where the relays are located by listening for a click. After unplugging the asc1, I stuck the end of a small screwdriver in and tapped what I thought were the relays. After plugging it back in and hitting the west button it
moved west freely. It also moved east
freely with the east button..So for now the problem seems solved. I wonder how many taps it will allow before its “tapped out ?”
BTW Tom...did you feel the earthquake this AM just after 9 ? It was just a booming sound here nothing else.
Thanks again for the offer.
Stay well.

John

Last edited:
didn’t feel it, to comfortable talkint to the pillow, daughter in brocton felt it, , ok, once u get on the midcape its straight to braintree, i an just across the street from the south shore plazza, any time glad to help.

Reactions: JFOK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)