OTHER ASC1 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just put my Fluke mufti meter in graph mode and ran the dish back to 87W then back to25 west hooked to the sensor wires. Perfect square wave the whole travel, back to 125W same perfect pattern, did not hit the limit this time, but missed by 22 counts. Any ideas?

I am going to download the last flash and reload it again and start over. The box has been rock solid for years, but is now losing it's mind. Will flash it tomorrow and see what happens. We can eliminate any commands by a receiver as I use the remote to change positions.

Compare cycle counts between the meter and the ASC1. Same or different number of cycles in a move?

Never have observed a reed switch issue perfect square wave open/close cycles. There is always a rough edge with the contact. The older the switch, the more pronounced contact stutter. What does your statement mean? What is the voltage amplitude and timing of the cycles?

In my experience, miscounts are more likely to be associated with a reed switch or distribution issue rather than a controller. How old is the reed switch? Is it becoming magnetized? Have a spare reed switch to swap?

Have a temporary sheilded wire cable to run for the S1/S2/Gnd distribution (shield only connected at the controller)? Water egress can cause havoc.

Checked the grounding and bonding connections at the dish and where it ties into the structure ground for possible corrosion and proper conductivity? Any common mode or conductivity between wires and/or ground?

Don't sell the PCB as a testing unit or spare, but will bench test and service your PCB if you decide to send it in.

Well back to stage one again, still running wild when it wan't to. Went all the way to 87W today, when going back to 125 the counts were far enough out to hit the limits before it got there. I brought my scope home from work, pasterns looked good at both end of the line. I received a new Vbox, going to try it and see if it is me or the box. Brian again not picking or bashing, it has been a great mover for many years. Tearing up now, manually steered it to 125 and I love the flower girl is playing, barry Cowsill was my roommate for a couple years before he died in Hurricane Katrina.

Well back to stage one again, still running wild when it wan't to. Went all the way to 87W today, when going back to 125 the counts were far enough out to hit the limits before it got there. I brought my scope home from work, pasterns looked good at both end of the line. I received a new Vbox, going to try it and see if it is me or the box. Brian again not picking or bashing, it has been a great mover for many years. Tearing up now, manually steered it to 125 and I love the flower girl is playing, barry Cowsill was my roommate for a couple years before he died in Hurricane Katrina.