ASC1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RE: "Go To" commands. Now that's a topic I've got a b%#ch about. These Micro HDs I have give me a fit when I'm trying to fine tune a channel as if you wait more than a few seconds between "bumps" one way or another it takes off back to the position were on, or sometimes just heads off on it's own somewhere else?? I like to tweak mine on a channel by bumping the dish until I get the "no signal" message, then bump back until I get a picture, record that number on the motor controller then run past it in the other direction and come back to get a number. Once I have position numbers from both ends I take half of the difference to set that particular satellite location. That Micro HD gives me a fit as it's continually trying to run back to the sat location. I actually burnt up a VBox X doing that a few years ago as it fried a relay in it.

Another thing I don't like is when you look at the satellite menu it doesn't offer you an option to look at the actual channels on that satellite before you run to it??? I don't know about you guys but I can't remember the exact location of all the stuff I watch, hence the desire to be able to SEE what's on a particular satellite BEFORE I go to it.

OK, that's enough thread hijacking. I'm done for now. :oldwink

Actually, that is one thing i really like about the Linkbox 8000 HD. I can surf through the birds and search through the channels, and until i actually select it, it will not move the dish. I wish all the receivers were like this.

RE: "Go To" commands ....
... Another thing I don't like is when you look at the satellite menu it doesn't offer you an option to look at the actual channels on that satellite before you run to it??? I don't know about you guys but I can't remember the exact location of all the stuff I watch, hence the desire to be able to SEE what's on a particular satellite BEFORE I go to it.
OK, that's enough thread hijacking. I'm done for now. :oldwink

That frustrates me on my Micro HD also,Lone Gunman.( I'm not faulting the receiver,it's my fault because I prefer to use it differently)
I wonder if the VBox could be turned off by its remote FIRST.Then one could search thru the Sats and channels.Find what one wants,turn the VBox back on...and then make the selection as usual.I've have not dared to try that yet because I'm afraid it would mess up the configuration/positions or something.Anyone know ?

I'd also be interested in knowing if the ASC1 could be turned off in the same fashion? I don't plan to be stuck with this VBox forever.

My work-around is to keep Titan TV logged in on my pc all the time.I use the satellite # for the channels I'm interested in.(Got that idea from reading old threads here :thumbup ) Works well for me except during internet outages.

Sorry,this wandered way off topic.Maybe a mod could fork it to another thread or whatever.

Later gators!

Martyn,
I agree, it should not be necessary to resync the dish position unless there is a mechanical problem or the dish is blown out of position. Does your STB issue multiple DiSEqC commands if no satellite signal is received during the motor move process or automatically as you scroll through a channel list?

Hey Brian,

I've had the problem with the MicroHD. I only moves the dish when I hit the OK button. When the dish does move, it's smooth.

I generally remember which satellite I want, so select the satellite first then find the channel. I don't scroll through from satellite to satellite very often.

At first I thought the wind was moving the dish, but I don't think that's the case as there is almost no wind in the area I have my C-band dish.

Martyn

The scrolling through the satellites using the channel list could be the cause.

The new firmware should be released within the week, but you can advance test and feedback if you would. Your feedback would be welcome.

Drop me a line if you wish to beta test and provide feedback on the file.

Since using the new file, I had to manually move the dish ones every day. 1st Time I had to reposition all 4 sats by 5 clicks, then by 1 click.

The scrolling through the satellites using the channel list could be the cause.

The new firmware should be released within the week, but you can advance test and feedback if you would. Your feedback would be welcome.

Drop me a line if you wish to beta test and provide feedback on the file.

Thanks. I'm actually overseas right now and won't be home for a week, so will probably just load it up when you put it out.

Reactions: Titanium
Yes, most certainly, I have. A certain receiver that I own that doesn't play right with DISEqC comes right to my mind but I won't speak it's dread name here, don't want this thread to become a freak show for that POS. I wasn't the only one to have problems of that nature with that receiver either. :biggrin

That above mentioned receiver stands in stark contrast to my MicroHD and other receivers, it's used for a few fixed dishes and nothing motorized because of it's less than stellar implementation of DISEqC commands.

Sounds like an X2 to me! :biggrin I had one of those and it was the largest POS I've ever bought! :computerwindow

Reactions: . Raine
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)