At least we got one new channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, the H20 in the kitchen has it just fine, but the HR20 doesn't.

I tried channels 480 and 481 to confirm BBC's are working as well.

Last edited:
Just found this on the Directv website about the 498 channel on the directvHD equipment tab.

The easiest way to tell if your H20/H21 or HR20/HR21 receiver has the BBC connected to it is to look at the back of the receiver. Look for a module that looks like the one pictured to the right. If you can't access the back of your receiver and you have an HD receiver, tune in to the BBC test channel — number 498:

* If you get a message on your screen telling you that your HD setup is correct, you're all set to enjoy the new HD channels from DIRECTV as they become available.
* If you see the message "Searching for Satellite Signal," you do not have the BBC or it is not connected properly.
* If you see a gray or blank screen, DIRECTV will have to verify your equipment setup to determine if you need a BBC. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000.

I have 2 H20-100's...One has the CE X2030 and the other has the national release software....One with the national can get the channel. The other one with the CE can't get the channel...searching for sat message...I swapped b-bands with the same results...B-bands are ok...The CE version doesn't see the sat 103(b)...I reset the box along with going thru the sat setup...no good....Any suggestions...Thanks

I thought that was weird (DIRECTV will have to verify your equipment setup)especially seeing that most guys bbcs are working. Sounds like a software problem on a case by case basis

I agree. A "bad" bbc seems to yield a searching for signal on tuner.

I'm taking no chances and ordering two more BBC's. I assume D* is the only place you can get them?

I am getting searching for satellite signal on channel 498. I have an 5 LNB dish, HR20 and H20.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

If you have a signal on 103 (b) and get a blank screen on 498 first reset the unit.

After reset goto 498 if still blank go channel down to 494 then back up to 498. did this a couple of times and my second H20 locked in on the Congratulations screen.

Hope this helps someone.

Matt

I did that and it worked, once. Then back to a grey screen. So I called D and talked with a rep there about it. Seems he had been off the last two days and didn't know they didn't go live with the new HD channels. I guess it was lucky for him to have gotten me as I just informed him that they had not gone live. I'm sure others here would have just ripped his head off. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts