AT&T and Dish Network

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
If I've asked this before I'm sorry... I'm beyond confused...

I didn't think Dish and AT&T had anything to do with each other?
I did an RMA and the paperwork I got sited Dish Network/AT&T

Are tied together?

Can I get a bundle price for having both?

If it's a 5 dollar discount it might be worth it since Im thinking of bumping my DSL up to the top level for 5 dollars more (Their DSL has a LOT to be desired) Their tech support for that matter does as well... they wont trouble shoot my network because 3 of my 5 computers are Windows 7 based and they don't support connectivity issues with Windows 7 until it is released to the public.

But then again, their customer service has A LOT to be desired... so I'm wondering if the 5 dollars is even worth it.

I don't believe AT&T has any relationship with Dish anymore, depending on the area possibly Direct. Or you might be able to get their U-Verse. My sister loves it. I can get Dish bundled with CenturyTel here and save a the whopping $5 @ month but wouldn't do it. You lose out on some promotions like .01 Cinemax and then when you have a problem you have to deal with them to deal with Dish.:rolleyes: No thanks! JMHO

Ed

I'm currently with at&t|Dish. Customer service and tech support for the Dish Network side is a special group within Dish Network that just calls themselves at&t - good thing is no overseas operators! If your RMA stated at&t|Dish, then you are already signed up through at&t and should be getting the $5/mo discount, but it will be on your at&t bill, you should not be getting a Dish Network bill.

AT&T did have a relationship with Dish for years in all but the former BellSouth areas, in which it had a relationship with DirecTV. It's since gone with only one carrier, DirecTV, for new subscribers. Not sure how it's handling the old subscribers to Dish, but I'm guessing they're grandfathered to continue the discount.

Yes, they still give the $5 discount, but IMHO it's not worth it due to the lack of access to your account information and ability to change things online, etc. ATT's account info sucks for DISH. If you try to debundle with ATT they give you the runaround from one CSR to another until you decide it's not worth the hassel and give up. I am sure ATT is still making a lot of money from Dish.

I signed up with Dish through AT&T just before they switched to D* and my experience has been very positive. I've dealt with customer service several times and they been very helpful and not from India. I have also done the Dish chat online but they do transfer you to a chat with someone that handles AT&T accoounts. last time was to get my silver HD changed to HD + platinum and it went flawlessly. I was also told I will qualify for the 0.01 Cinimax if I sign up for autopay with AT&T. I haven't tried that yet so don't know if it's accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)