AT&T TV National Launch

Well, what did they say when you returned your shite ?

I ordered it, so I have to send it back, haha

You know AT&T, I thought perhaps I could just take it back to the store, not have to mess with sending everything back UPS.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

title of article does not match what he said
directv now and directv are not the same thing

This is what he said-“We will continue to offer satellite and DirecTV where it has a rightful place in the market, places where cable broadband is not prevalent, oftentimes, more rural or less dense suburban areas,” Stankey said. “We'll continue to offer it for customers on a stand-alone basis, who find its superior content offering to be something that they wish to have. But in terms of our marketing muscle and our momentum in the market, it will be about software-driven pay TV packages either over bring your own hardware, which is AT&T TV.”

Title is correct to what he said.

This is what he said-“We will continue to offer satellite and DirecTV where it has a rightful place in the market, places where cable broadband is not prevalent, oftentimes, more rural or less dense suburban areas,” Stankey said. “We'll continue to offer it for customers on a stand-alone basis, who find its superior content offering to be something that they wish to have. But in terms of our marketing muscle and our momentum in the market, it will be about software-driven pay TV packages either over bring your own hardware, which is AT&T TV.”

Title is correct to what he said.

read it again
title specifies directv now
directv now was the streaming service, since renamed att now

maybe the title could have been
AT&T’s Stankey: DirecTV will now only be Sold Only ‘in Places Where Cable Broadband Is Not Prevalent’

quote says directv

read it again
title specifies directv now
That's how you're reading it. Yes, the title is poorly written and can be interpreted that way, but most who start reading and applying a little context will figure out what it really meant.

That's how you're reading it. Yes, the title is poorly written and can be interpreted that way, but most who start reading and applying a little context will figure out what it really meant.
Yep, the N should not be capitalized, specially since there is no DIRECTV nOW, it was renamed months ago.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

All of the main words are capitalized in the title. It's a title. It just should have been written better to avoid the confusion for some.

Reactions: Rey and ncted
No, at least not yet... and i was hoping for that...besides that, after the updates box is pretty smooth and pq very good...
Agreed, the box works smooth enough that it looks like I'll be staying with it. Having said that, this is Not a replacement for your roku, apple or fire streaming devices. Had they made the software better it could've been. Runs ATT TV great, that's it.

Agreed, the box works smooth enough that it looks like I'll be staying with it. Having said that, this is Not a replacement for your roku, apple or fire streaming devices. Had they made the software better it could've been. Runs ATT TV great, that's it.
It makes me wonder if that’s almost by design, as , like I mentioned above, I’ve never had an issue running some of the apps mentioned, even with my old Mii box. Surely the hardware on it is less than this device.

I noticed some strange things about how ATT sells this new service.

If you do to their main website, it shows the levels with a 2 year contract, ETFs and a hefty discount for the first year. Also requires the box, the cost of which is buried in the overall cost of the service.

If you go to the att tv now website and dig down a bit, the same subscription levels are there too. But the difference is that it is month to month, no contract, no ETF, no requirement for the box.

The difference? Just for an example. Entertainment on the main site is about $50 first year, jumping to $93 in the 13th month.

Entertainment without all that is $93 straight up. IOW, for nearly the same channels that Hulu+Live or YouTube TV have, the cost to get ATT is $43 higher. IMO, ATT is nuts thinking this is the way to attract customers.

Who in there right mind would sub to ATTV??? with all of the costs involved along with the contracts. things like the 20.00 activation fee plus each extra box fee plus the cost doubles in the second year just like DTV. that's the glory of cord cutting no contracts and you can shift providers anytime. it will be interesting to see who would sign up for this service.. the only ones i can see that would sign up for attv are the ones that want everything in one place and no switching inputs on the tv but it's not worth it to me..

Right now I would think that signing up with any service that has an extended contract period is just nuts! Sports are on hiatus for at least a month, late night has died off, and on other shows, when they run out of episodes already in the can, will be reruns.

I would wait until all of this Coronavirus stuff starts dying down and things get back to normal before even considering any contract service. I mean why pay to watch shows you can get elsewhere for lower cost and in some cases, for free?

In my case, as shows start running out of new episodes, I’ll cancel my YTTV and use Netflix, Hulu and a few free ad-supported streamers to pick exactly which reruns I want to see, and in some cases, watch the originals on those services I haven’t gotten around to yet.

There might not have been a good opportunity to test this yet, but how does this behave as far as local channels go? If you go outside your area do you get local channels for where you are or your regular local channels? It seems to me one big advantage of this system is if you go somewhere else and want to take your TV with you all you need is internet access.

There might not have been a good opportunity to test this yet, but how does this behave as far as local channels go? If you go outside your area do you get local channels for where you are or your regular local channels? It seems to me one big advantage of this system is if you go somewhere else and want to take your TV with you all you need is internet access.
You will still have access to your locals no matter where you go. Keep in mind the box needs to check in every 90 days from its original location.

I was told by ATTTV that your locals are determined by the zip code "where you're logged in". She said that way if you travel you will get locals from that market.
She also stated that VPNs are allowed.

Whatever their policy on locals ....

While I'm sure they'll add more later, AT&T TV is really going to have to step it up on locals carriage.

Where in a major market like LA for instance, with 22 HD and 27 SD local channels on DIRECTV satellite. AT&T TV offers only eight channels in my zip code (90037).

Plus no Spectrum Sportsnet for the RSNs which carries the Lakers ...

(Though granted sort of mitigated by the coronavirus sports shutdown right now of course).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)