Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

I remember growing up in Georgia during the 70's watching the "Broad Street Bullies" winning the Stanley Cup & having bench clearing brawls on NBC(& WHO can forget Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" live on national TV at the Spectrum when the Flyers were in the Stanley Cup.I remember watching that on national TV....in Georgia). Who can also forget "Peter Puck?" Not a national sport?

I was right there watching as well....

As for Peter Puck ..... well, thats all I have to say about Peter Puck.

I was right there watching as well....

As for Peter Puck ..... well, thats all I have to say about Peter Puck.

Peter Puck??? I guess I would have to see it to believe it. I guess Peter was there for the kids who were watching the game. Kind of like, what was it, Scooter on MLB on FOX, that was on a few yrs. ago

Your not gonna get them out of Colorado .... no way, no how.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. I still laugh all of the time when people around hear say how the Browns have such history. I just laugh and say that the Browns today only have 12 years of history and none of it is very good.

I personally think that once the team moves and changes their name the name should be gone forever.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. I still laugh all of the time when people around hear say how the Browns have such history. I just laugh and say that the Browns today only have 12 years of history and none of it is very good.

I personally think that once the team moves and changes their name the name should be gone forever.

Difference being, Colorado has been a very productive product, while the others fail to draw and/or play well ...

Your not gonna get them out of Colorado .... no way, no how.
It doesn't have to be Denver that moves back to Quebec. Winnipeg's original franchise moved to Phoenix, and now they're getting Atlanta's second franchise (Atlanta's first franchise relocated to Calgary).

Meanwhile, Denver's first franchise (which was originally from Kansas City) moved to New Jersey and became the Devils.

Got it?!! Good, because there will be a quiz on this later! :eek: :D

I think the opposite should be true. I wish when the Colts moved to Indy, they changed their name. That way when Baltimore STOLE the Browns, they could become the Colts again.

There gonna have to realign the league.

Sent from my Galaxy s using SatelliteGuys
Too late for the coming season:

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed Tuesday that Winnipeg’s new team will remain in the Southeast Division with the Washington Capitals, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Carolina Hurricanes.

Winnipeg’s yet-to-be-named squad will play each of those teams six times, which means Ovechkin’s Capitals and Stamkos’ Lightning will both make three trips to the Manitoba capital. It also means the Winnipeg squad will have a tough travel schedule in its first year back in the league.

The team will move to the Western Conference for the 2012-13 season, but True North’s purchase of the Atlanta Thrashers was completed too late for that to happen for the upcoming season.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/31/the-peg-is-in-the-southeast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts