Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

Your qustion is, in fact, undeserving of an answer, because it pre-suposes facts that simply are not true.
why? Too simple of a question for you to answer? Why place teams in areas where the support is nil? To say "yeah we're here"? Since you feel the NHL should be in Houston...using that theory lets put a NBA team in Anchorage Alaska and Missoula Montana. Lets put a MLB team in Boise, Idaho or Tupelo, Mississippi. Why? To say "yeah we're here"

If we define a hockey area as a place with HS hockey, then what about Pittsburgh? What about LA? What about Dallas? Etc.

what does HS hockey have to do with the pros? But last I checked most of those places you posted have HS hockey ;)

Your qustion is, in fact, undeserving of an answer, because it pre-suposes facts that simply are not true.

If we define a hockey area as a place with HS hockey, then what about Pittsburgh? What about LA? What about Dallas? Etc.

It is called growing a sport. Making it national.
Or, you can just go back to Canada, and be a non-entity in the USA on a national basis.
Let's try to put it in simple terms, hopefully one even you can understand:

You're the owner of the Atlanta NHL franchise. You've done the right thing to try to grow and expand the sport, but your team is bleeding cash. You can't get the community support you need and you can't seem to turn things around on the ice. Another city shows interest in having you move there and will give to a sweetheart deal to do so.

Are you saying that as the owner of this troubled franchise, can you in all honesty say you would take one for the league and keep the team in Atlanta??

Your bolded point above would make sense if the league hadn't already tried expanding to these areas. They have, and for some it hasn't worked. Time now to move to where they're wanted.

Let's try to put it in simple terms, hopefully one even you can understand:

You're the owner of the Atlanta NHL franchise. You've done the right thing to try to grow and expand the sport, but your team is bleeding cash. You can't get the community support you need and you can't seem to turn things around on the ice. Another city shows interest in having you move there and will give to a sweetheart deal to do so.

Are you saying that as the owner of this troubled franchise, can you in all honesty say you would take one for the league and keep the team in Atlanta??

Your bolded point above would make sense if the league hadn't already tried expanding to these areas. They have, and for some it hasn't worked. Time now to move to where they're wanted.

What Atlanta needed to do was to bring in players who were relevant to Atlanta. I don't know Carrie Underwood's husband's name right off the tip of my head right now,but the Predators trading for him,on top of consistently winning,surely helped them bring in fans. IF somehow the Thrashers stay in Atlanta,they need to trade for...... P.K. Subban. he may not be Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin,but for Atlanta & Atlanta's youth,he'd be a role model(even though he's Canadian) that shows them that they can play hockey too. Look,the Montreal Canadiens have historically filled their roster with French Canadians(to draw fans to their games) & their championship record backs up their strategy. IF the Thrashers stay in Atlanta,then the Thrashers need to show that they UNDERSTAND Atlanta.

I agree with the above post. I also think you need name players so people will talk about the team and bring in the fans and the ratings. And btw, Carrie Underwood is married???!!!...DAMN!!!

I remain glad none of you people had the ear of winners like Walter O'Malley, Pete Rozelle, or Lamar Hunt.

Do you remember the NHL's national position prior to the recent national expansions? The NHL was not a national sport. It was not on national TV. It was not covered nationally at all.

I remain glad none of you people had the ear of winners like Walter O'Malley, Pete Rozelle, or Lamar Hunt.

Do you remember the NHL's national position prior to the recent national expansions? The NHL was not a national sport. It was not on national TV. It was not covered nationally at all.

Same crap here. Why won't you respond to my previous questions?? :confused:

I remember growing up in Georgia during the 70's watching the "Broad Street Bullies" winning the Stanley Cup & having bench clearing brawls on NBC(& WHO can forget Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" live on national TV at the Spectrum when the Flyers were in the Stanley Cup.I remember watching that on national TV....in Georgia). Who can also forget "Peter Puck?" Not a national sport?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)