ATT and IPHONE hate current users

I finally got through on my AT&T account to check. I have to wait until Dec. 1st to get the "good" prices. Until then, it's $200 more, even though I don't currently have an iPhone.

I guess I'll just play with my wife's iPod Touch instead... :D

The issue is that anyone who go AT&T for the last iPhone 3g wont be eligible until at leasst December. This announcement today by AT&T was more of a smokescreen then anything else and it appears to be working.

From what I read on that article it looks like we will be able to get the lower upgrade price if you got it when the 3G first came out.

Since I got both of ours in August just a few weeks after the release I may be able to get ours in a few weeks. Will have to wait until tomorrow I guess.

Gosh I now wish I had not started this thread this is the E-Mail I just got from ATT

"Good news about your iPhone 3G S early upgrade pre-order! We realize that many of our customers who bought iPhone 3G last July, would now like to have the most recent iPhone technology as soon as it’s available, at the lowest upgrade price. As a result, beginning Friday, June 19, 2009, we’re offering all iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August, or September 2009 our best upgrade pricing.

Since you have already placed your online pre-order, we will credit you for the difference between the standard upgrade price - $199 (16 GB) or $299 (32 GB) - and the price that you paid online.

What to expect

* Once your order ships, your credit card will be charged the early upgrade price shown in your order confirmation email
* AT&T will credit the difference back onto the method of payment used during the online purchase (i.e. MasterCard®, VISA®, etc.)

No need to call – this will automatically occur after we’ve successfully shipped and processed the original transaction. You can expect the credit within three days after your order has shipped from our warehouse.

AT&T greatly values your business. We hope that you enjoy your new Apple iPhone 3G S and the network that offers you best global coverage!

Thank you for your pre-order,

All at AT&T

You have received this service message because you are a valued AT&T customer. Replies to this email are not received by a live person. You can read our Privacy Policy for more information about how we use information. "
\

I will now eat cow poop UGH that is nasty

Gosh I now wish I had not started this thread this is the E-Mail I just got from ATT

"Good news about your iPhone 3G S early upgrade pre-order! We realize that many of our customers who bought iPhone 3G last July, would now like to have the most recent iPhone technology as soon as it’s available, at the lowest upgrade price. As a result, beginning Friday, June 19, 2009, we’re offering all iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August, or September 2009 our best upgrade pricing.
-snip-

That sounds like a smokescreen to me...

Smokescreen or not, I called and confirmed that both iPhones on our account are eligible. We are going to the Apple store on Friday probably to pick them up.

I have had every Iphone since day one waited in line everytime to get one. I sold the first iphone 8gb on ebay for $275 & picked up the 3g on july 11th last year for $200. They ran out of the 16GB by 11am when it was my turn to get one. This year I sold my 3g 8gb for $325 dollars on ebay and picked up the 32gb 3gS for $300, and I have only 5 gbs left of free space.

I have been with AT&T for 6yrs now I sill have my 1400 min rollover with free nights and weekends starting at 7pm till 7am plan nationwide. but I pay for 2 family lines with iphone of $163 a month. I do have unlimted text for family of $20 dollars, I always only use 900min a month with the 7pm free plan Anyone want used old min?

I have had Verizon before & sprint. I travel alot ad for nationwide Coverage AT&T used to be king. Now my friends verizon seems to have better nationwide coverage. If iphone goes to verizon I am gone in a heartbeat!

You people need to address your complaints to Apple, not AT&T. If Apple senses their customers want a different carrier, they will make a better effort to eliminate exclusivity with AT&T. This thread is about AT&T hating current iphone users. Seems the feeling is mutual.

Two things you all need to know about Verizon-
1. They are slower at adopting new technology than Sprint, but when they do get up to Sprint it is pretty much bug free.
2. Verizon seems to be the most expensive service. Be prepared to pay more than AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)