multiple iPhone bluetooth headsets

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Will the 3G, with 3.0 s/w, simultaneously support two stereo headsets like they're selling on Woot now (Lubix Stereo Bluetooth Headset)?

This could greatly ease matters when my wife and I are listening to the same thing while traveling. On the AutoTrain, and sometimes when others are around, we have been using a splitter and two wired buds. Sorta joins you at the hip.

Wouldn't the encryption prevent that? That's the whole idea, establishing a SECURE link between the device and the headsets.

BTW- I tried that with our Camry BT in the dash and that's why it only allows one connection at a time. With my wife and I it's whoever gets in the car first gets the connection. Same deal- secure link with BT.

Hmmm. Didn't think it'd fly, but I had hope since my iPhone keeps more than one bluelink "on file."

I suppose it will also not allow one wired and one simultaneous wireless, the next best thing.

No matter, in a few days I'll have the things and can test it out. Thank you for responding.

Not sure where you need to use this but if aboard a flight, BT is not yet permitted under FAA regulations. You'll need to use wired headsets anyway. :(

You can have 2 on a phone, but only one can be turned on at a time.

Oops, I guess I broke that rule. I had my bluetooth stereo headset in use during my flight this past week.

Not sure where you need to use this but if aboard a flight, BT is not yet permitted under FAA regulations. You'll need to use wired headsets anyway. :(

It would be of great use on the train. Or a bus, I suppose. Certainly desirable on the Metro (subway) and perhaps while walking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts