ATT unlimited data bundle with DirecTv - Any Feedback?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnumis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Midwest
I am considering installing DirecTV to get the unlimited data plan on my ATT 4 line plan. I know this forum is focused on DirecTv but I am hoping to get some feedback on the bundle. Do any of you have the bundled unlimited plan? How is it working for your family?

Thank you

:welcome to Satelliteguys magnumis!

I don't have the bundle so I can't help with this. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

I've had it for about a month or so now. Works fine for the wife and I as we don't have any use for tethering or using either phone as a hot spot at this point. Also have a tablet with the 1gb monthly plan as I couldn't justify another $40 for adding to the unlimited - $10/mth is more palatable for me considering we rarely use the device off WIFI. We've burned through about 26gb and are only about 2/3 through our billing cycle. Waiting to see if/when ATT decides to start throttling. Haven't noticed anything yet.

Reactions: magnumis
I've had it for about a month or so now. Works fine for the wife and I as we don't have any use for tethering or using either phone as a hot spot at this point. Also have a tablet with the 1gb monthly plan as I couldn't justify another $40 for adding to the unlimited - $10/mth is more palatable for me considering we rarely use the device off WIFI. We've burned through about 26gb and are only about 2/3 through our billing cycle. Waiting to see if/when ATT decides to start throttling. Haven't noticed anything yet.

Thank you for the feedback.

the soft cap is per device if I recall correctly. My family used up almost 75gb last month (4 phones) on a roadtrip. No one complained about any issues watching their shows. I like that the 4th phone is credited back so basically it covers the cost of entry package on directv.

My Vzw lines will slowly roll out of contracts in the coming year. Is it easy to bundle with something like this after you have a Directv account? Say if I wanted to swap over?

When I got quotes on price the unlimited was significantly more than 15g plan which makes sense but it was $75 more - I have 6 phones

The usual caveat applies:

AT&T disallows Personal Hotspot on iPhones with their unlimited plan.

Other than that, looks like some folks are having a positive experience with it.

I tried it out. Was previously on the 15GB plan with 4 lines. It's a requirement that all 4 lines be smartphones. My elderly in-laws are on our plan and had a flip phone. Upgraded them to an iPhone. Was one that I had stashed away in a drawer - new, but hadn't been used (I won't get into how that happened). My reason for switching to the unlimited was that I decided I was going to start streaming music over my phone in the car instead of paying for satellite radio. I *thought* that would use up a lot more data. After being on unlimited for about 2 months there was a definite increase in data use from doing the streaming - but it was nowhere near what I thought it would be. My other half and I only went up to using slightly more than 3GB per line with the streaming. The in-laws use almost zero data, and my mom uses almost zero data (she was already on an iPhone). I switched us back to the 15GB plan since there was nowhere near the data use that I was expecting, and the unlimited was costing about $20/month more. Plus the in-laws with an iPhone was a total disaster (they can't figure out how to use it) - so they're getting their flip phone back.

I have had it for 3 months now. I use to have the 40Gb plan, but with 3 kids would always go over and got tired of arguing with them to slow down. I really did not want to switch from Dish to Directv, but I could not pass up the unlimited plan. The plan has been great, I no longer have to tell the kids to slow down data and they push 15gb+ easily(2 of them go over 20gb+ now). I now can use my iPhone for streaming music & videos because before I was always holding back because of kids. I miss Dish receivers but I will survive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts