Attention 015, stuck

derekcentrico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Florida
Okay, I bought a used V811 or whatever off Ebay. It was fine, cleared and setup on the DISH system for my account without a hitch.

Unfortunately, it has not been able to get past Progress 1 of 5 on the 015 screen. I have reset to factory defaults, I have done the Point Dish (no errors), and the Diags show that it has signal to the three satellites.

The DISH tech said that it must be the power source needing reset to the Dish. He swore I had to have some power supply. There is no power supply near a receiver to give it power. So, I unplugged the receivers. Still no luck.

I am sitting here not sure what to do regarding this.

Any thoughts?

Signal strength on 119, 13 is running from 67 to 75. However, when I went to Point Dish, and put 119 on 11, there was zero.

When I exited from Point Dish, the system started the sequence again. It is still at 1 of 5 on the progress with Sat 119 and Transponder 16.

Also, my setup is this:
Satellite
|
DP34
|
|- Solo 211 (I think, small black box)
|
|- Dish 811 Receiver (has issues)

The first one works fine. All the wires are tight.

Last edited:
Try putting the 822 in the place of the 211 and see if it works there. Maybe there is an issue with the cabling from the switch to where you have it now.

Tried that, no go.

Here are some images from the screens. Attached.

On the System Info One page, there is an X in the X box. Not sure why that is, Dish people seemed to ignore that. The details said it's nothing to worry about and to run checkswitch. As you see from another image, I just did that but no success...

Right now it's doing:
Attention 015
Satellite: Default
Transponder: 14
Progress 1 of 5

And, my ZIP is 73112 if that's of any importance. I can't seem to find out where I would enter that so it would select the appropriate satellites if that is even necessary. I'm in Oklahoma and the original owner was using this in North Carolina, 800 miles away.

Attachments

• DSCF3145.JPG
    DSCF3145.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCF3146.JPG
    DSCF3146.JPG
    500.8 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF3147.JPG
    DSCF3147.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCF3148.JPG
    DSCF3148.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF3149.JPG
    DSCF3149.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 663
See that's interesting because it is a DP34. I'm certain of it by image as when I climbed up the ladder to look for a power slot it looked NOTHING like a DPP44 (familiarized myself from Google). It was exactly like the DP34.

Dish said that they think its a bad receiver for two reasons:
1) The smartcard ID doesn't display or show anything that it is being read when it's in place.
2) The receiver jumps around on the 015 screen. Sometimes it will read "Satellite: default Transponder: # Progress (blank)" and sometimes it will just be jumping from 0 to 1 progress (just randomly started that a while ago), or it will show the normal information "Satellite: 119 Transponder: 15 Progress 1 of 5"

It seems loopy.

Finally, the Ebay person responded saying that they had issues with it sort of. But, they didn't notate that on the posting or tell me in my inquiries. Said it would get to 3 or 4 on the progress bar when he last tested it.

Great. I got played I think.

agreed. luckily the tech is doing a free replacement as a thank you for serving the country sort of thing. that was really nice of Dish.

but, curiously, on the DPP44. should that be what we have, and i swear we do not, would it truly require a power reset for a new receiver being installed? i would assume it would have code in it to cycle itself when new hardware was introduced if it was necessary?

The 811 (had one) is only capable of MPEG-2, so no current Dish HD channels (all MPEG-4) and no eastern arc 72/77 channels even SD will work.

I would try it on OTA channels in your area with an antenna, SD or HD does not matter as both are digital. I think it is 8SVP(sp?) but might be 4SVP capable, and thus not for newer Dish channels. You should try it on the SD channels, most of which are on 119 and 110. Or better yet on the Public Service channels 9399-9415 (some on 110/119 but 9406=ARTS is on 61.5/129) requiring no subscription or enabling. Get it working first before spending on enabling it.

BTW, good/bad news the 811 uses the OTA guide (non-Dish) for free but is limited to a few hours. Even if enabled with locals, Dish guide is 2 days max for non-DVRs.

-Ken

Well, if I do that OTA test, it will confirm if it is bad or not?

I mean if that box can't handle MPG4 then it's not worth having and hopefully they replace it with something decent?

It's a discontinued model from what DISH NETWORK offers so I'm wondering what they will send and I hope it is HD capable...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)