Attention 625 Owners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, as I beat the dead horse many times - all additional functionality for PVR/DVR base on the disk size;
at least for 501/508/510 and 522/625 series. Time to prove it for 622/722 ;).

Hey I got the update and the 150 hours last night and I just wanted to say thanks. :)

Thanks to Scott for notifying us of this feature by starting this thread. Without him and this message board I'm pretty sure I would have no idea that I could increase my DVR to 150 hours.

And thanks to Randall for the daily software updates (which I had checked once a day). It gave me an idea of when the update was coming to my DVR.

So a big thank you to both you guys from me. I really appreciate it. :) And I'm sure everyone else here does too.

Hey I got the update and the 150 hours last night and I just wanted to say thanks. :)

Thanks to Scott for notifying us of this feature by starting this thread. Without him and this message board I'm pretty sure I would have no idea that I could increase my DVR to 150 hours.

And thanks to Randall for the daily software updates (which I had checked once a day). It gave me an idea of when the update was coming to my DVR.

So a big thank you to both you guys from me. I really appreciate it. :) And I'm sure everyone else here does too.

You're welcome. Glad to contribute to the site.

FINALLY got the update last night. Now, I have to delete all my recorded events. :(

The folder feature is nice, though.

And, HELLO EVERYBODY! :)

I finally got the update, but not the increased hours...do we HAVE to delete what we have to get it???

Yeah you have to delete every single program you have recorded. I then put all my timers within the next half hour to skip. Then I changed the time of the nightly update to 2 minutes after the current time. Turned off both tuners for 15 minutes and when it comes back on you should have 150 hours.

Geez buzzdar...I was just asking...half of the posts didn't know, and some of us have less time to read EVERY post...

don't respond if you're going to be condescending....

I guess you didn't read my post...I ASKED..didn't order...that's what i love about this site...that there's plenty of people around to answer questions. Didn't realize that before asking a simple question, I had to read EVERY post....

no problem, Sgt.

At least you're not asking for the hundredth time to explain the difference between ViP622 tuners (all HD) and outputs (one HD, one SD). We see that one asked and answered at least once a week around here.

A Little Help for the Impatient...

After you get the L462 update downloaded to your receiver (hit Menu, Menu and check the fifth line down) you can accelerate the download of the 150 hour HDD. Here's how:

1. Get rid of all recorded shows so that your "My Recordings" shows 100 hours. The requirement for no timers within 24 hours does not matter as long as none will fire in the next 30 minutes or so.

2. Go to (Menu, 8, 5) and on the "Updates" screen, note the time as it was set, then change the time to about 5-10 minutes from the current time, click "done". Turn off the 625.

3. Go have a beer or two... about 20-30 minutes. If you are still capable of conscious thought when you return go back to the "Updates" screen and put the time back to about where it was. Click "Done"

4. Your HDD should now be at 150 hours.

This has worked perfectly with both of my 625's.

I have a quick question. I have a ViP 622 tuner and I...er.....never mind....

Actually I just wanted to say that I finally got the update but with all those darn free preview weekends in a row I am having a really hard time working through all the recorded media I have stashed away so that I can pull the trigger on this reformat!

I have a quick question. I have a ViP 622 tuner and I...er.....never mind....

Actually I just wanted to say that I finally got the update but with all those darn free preview weekends in a row I am having a really hard time working through all the recorded media I have stashed away so that I can pull the trigger on this reformat!

The update is for the 625 receiver, not the 622.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)