Attention 625 Owners

"If you keep your recordings nothing will change and you will still have 100 hours of time. Its up to YOU if you want to do it or not."

I dont know how YOU interpted the above sentence from the quoted post but I understood the meaning and have not yet deleted everything on my 625. BTW I have L462 and plan on deleting everything on saturday.

The topic of discussion was what exact version includes the hard drive upgrade.
Many of us got the L461 upgrade, which does NOT do the hard drive upgrade.
The L462 upgrade has the hard drive upgrade.
That little detail was not in the original post.

Doesn't really matter to me now, though, because the L462 upgrade showed up on my receiver last night and I now have 150 hours.

Everyone will eventually get the L 462 update. Its just something that will happen. It happens when dishnetwork wants your 625 DVR to be updated. i waited and waited for this update. There is nothing anyone can do to get this update any faster. I complained until it happened. But it didnt get it to me any faster. But now that i got it i emptied my dvr and now i got the extra 50 hours Free. I am only say you cant complain about it if its a FREE upgrade. If you had to pay extra for it Go ahead and complain but again its FREE.

what is going on with the 522 receivers???? I have the new software . .

It only works on the 625, with it's larger hard disk. Or so many of us think. Let us know if you try erasing and if you get any extra space.

Bob- I'm sure we all want to know your findings. Does it check model # - or HDD size?

My box STILL doesnt have the new software:(

Its really a 522 but calls itself a 625 on the system info screen.

So HOPEFULLY I will get the extra time!

If it works for ME how many 522 owners will be upgrading drives?

Perhaps we should get together and have some of those tamper stickers printed?:)

Although the 522 / 625 has been a good box its ONLY failures hard drives, unlike my 721, they faioled way too often:(

Oops, yeah I did - Bob post your system info screen - we will help you get new one ;)

honestly I dont know how to post a image here.

would hard rebooting hasten my drive software upgrade? my box lives on a UPS and rarely gets a hard reboot, unless I do it intentially.......

No, all dish transponder streaming data packets, no analog at all. This is done according DVB-S standard.
And yes, no encoders in Dish receivers, only decoders.
No such VOD data-only transponders - VOD is just an alias for PPV channels, it have different SID, ie channel number.
[You, aegrotatio, should search for the data before post incorrect info.]

Wow, you have a funny way of interpreting the English language, or maybe you just hate being corrected in a forum?
Nowhere did I say anything about analog. That's just silly.
I also never said there was any encoding going on in the receiver.
DVB-S delivers data, not just MPEG video. It is perfectly reasonable to send movies as data.
How do you think the firmware updates and the EPG are delivered?
Have you seen the Dish On-Demand trailers?
How about the Dish Home game applications?
These are delivered as data via DVB-S.
DVB-S is much more than just MPEG video.

Last edited:
Ahm, two week later ... perhaps lost track but it was :
Originally Posted by rglore
There's no encoders in Dish receivers, the raw data stream is recorded on the hard drive.
Originally Posted by aegrotatio
No, actually the VOD movies are streamed to the hard disk on data-only transponders constantly all day long. Any kind of data can be sent to the receiver that way. It is perfectly reasonable to do that and it would not require an encoding, since it's done at the uplink site.

Probably I did lost in your resoning to rglore.

I'm not angry, but just observing.
I need to learn how to word these posts better.
Over in the thread about SuperDiSH repointing I was also asked all kinds of questions already answered in the original post.
I did get frustrated.
Nevermind.

Oh, and to keep this more on-topic. I discovered that the user interface for L4.61 and L4.62 were nearly identical with the new screen saver, and the difference is only the 50-hour upgrade.

Last edited:
Can we get an update on how far the roll-out has gotten? I have a very high serial, so I know it will be a while. I just want to stay aware of how far along it has gotten. Has is accelerated or decelerated, etc.

Thanks,
Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)