Attention 625 Owners

Thanks for the Info...

So, Tomorrow I will loose everything I have saved on my DVR..

JUST GREAT!!
No, your drive would have to be empty for this upgrade/reformat to occur. You will not lose anything for now.

Here is more information on this upgrade.
o 625 Enhanced SD DVR Recording Capacity for Existing Customers – Beginning with software version L462, certain new and remanufactured model 625 DVRs will have an increased recording capacity of 150 hours as displayed in the “My Recordings” list. Software version L462 is planned to go out to existing-customer 625s between October 16, 2007 and November 8, 2007.
- The increased recording capacity for existing-customer 625s applies if:
? A customer deletes ALL their existing recordings on their 625 and deletes any timers scheduled to occur for the 24-hour period. After this is completed, an existing receiver needs to receive the L462 software version (you may verify if a 625 has received the software between October 16th and November 8th by pressing MENU-6-1-3 on the remote control) and wait for the nightly update to occur (usually around 3:00 AM).
? Existing 625 customers with L462 who do not perform the steps described above will continue to see the original recording capacity (100 hours) and not the 150 hours.
- Additionally, an existing-customer 625 receiver will also have the increased recording capacity if it is newly installed (effective October 17, 2007) or is a replacement receiver (for example, replaced through an RA).

Here is more information on this upgrade.

o 625 Enhanced SD DVR Recording Capacity for Existing Customers – Beginning with software version L462, certain new and remanufactured model 625 DVRs will have an increased recording capacity of 150 hours as displayed in the “My Recordings” list. Software version L462 is planned to go out to existing-customer 625s between October 16, 2007 and November 8, 2007.
- The increased recording capacity for existing-customer 625s applies if:
? A customer deletes ALL their existing recordings on their 625 and deletes any timers scheduled to occur for the 24-hour period. After this is completed, an existing receiver needs to receive the L462 software version (you may verify if a 625 has received the software between October 16th and November 8th by pressing MENU-6-1-3 on the remote control) and wait for the nightly update to occur (usually around 3:00 AM).
? Existing 625 customers with L462 who do not perform the steps described above will continue to see the original recording capacity (100 hours) and not the 150 hours.
- Additionally, an existing-customer 625 receiver will also have the increased recording capacity if it is newly installed (effective October 17, 2007) or is a replacement receiver (for example, replaced through an RA).

So, the software is out in the stream now and anyone can get it?

I just did Menu 6-1-3 and I still have version L461.

Now, I don't need to erase all my recordings to get L462 right? So even if I don't delete all my recordings L462 should just download but won't install on my DVR.

So, the software is out in the stream now and anyone can get it?

I just did Menu 6-1-3 and I still have version L461.

Now, I don't need to erase all my recordings to get L462 right? So even if I don't delete all my recordings L462 should just download but won't install on my DVR.

It's on partial phase, you can see if your receiver # matches the range here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1076072-post89.html

You'll only need to erase your recordings if you want the extra space. The update will install and you'll keep your recordings and keep the 100 hrs. recording space.

I was wondering can I wait till I have the update and then delete all programs and timers at a later date and get the extra 50 hours? Or is it all or nothing at the time the receiver updates?

I was wondering can I wait till I have the update and then delete all programs and timers at a later date and get the extra 50 hours? Or is it all or nothing at the time the receiver updates?

That's an excellent question that I don't think is answered in the info that Scott posted.

Heh heh - you're not in par with your nick :).
Search.

Or press Menu button two times.

C'mon, Mulder's too busy chasing aliens to know anything about this DVR/satellite stuff.

I pressed Menu twice and I was just guessing in my last post but I need to know this is the serial number right? Where it says:

Receiver CA ID R00XXXXXXXX-25

Where I put the 8 X's, that's the serial number correct?

C'mon, Mulder's too busy chasing aliens to know anything about this DVR/satellite stuff.

I pressed Menu twice and I was just guessing in my last post but I need to know this is the serial number right? Where it says:

Receiver CA ID R00XXXXXXXX-25

Where I put the 8 X's, that's the serial number correct?

Yes Mulder, you're correct. How is Agent Scully?

Hey folks,

I'm fairly new to the forums and new to Dish Nework / E*. I was glad to read about the software upgrade with the additional 50 hours recording on the 625 receivers.

I have one question about this post from Scott..

"A customer deletes ALL their existing recordings on their 625 and deletes any timers scheduled to occur for the 24-hour period. "

Would it be enough to delete all recordings and skip scheduled events for 24 hour period instead of deleting the schedule too? Seems logical to me that just telling the DVR to do nothing for 24 hours should be enough, but perhaps the software views things differently. What do you think?

Kevin

The drive is going to format itself so you will lose everything including your timers. So setting things to skip will work, but when it updates you timers will not be there.

But will it update if it sees timers still there, just skipped? It's still data on the HDD.

I'm still confused about when we delete all the timers and all the recordings to get the 150 hours.

Should I delete them all now before L4.62 downloads to my DVR? So the update comes in and then reformats the hard drive all at once.

Or can I do it after L4.62 downloads to my DVR? So basically I have to run the update twice. First time I turn off both tuners then L4.62 downloads to my DVR. Then later on the 2nd time I turn off both tuners that update that's already on the DVR will start the reformat process.

It would be nice to get the 150-hour capacity, but I'm not willing to delete all of the programs in order to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)