Attention "DISH SUPPORT TEAM" Software and bootstrap versions cause folder bug?

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I noticed my fathers 722 has a different software and bootstrap version's than my 722. He doesn't have the folder bug problem that I have. His box has roo 8928------ mine starts with roo8645------, his has L674JQB-N and boot strap v. 1431RJQB. Mine has L674RJ2-N and boot strap v. 1431RJD. Is there a reason for the different versions and could that be the cause for the folder bug? I think it is. Can Dish make an update to fix this problem on the boxes with different versions ? I really hate the folder bug since I have a lot of folders:confused: Anybody on the Dish support team want to look into this or give a reason for the problems with different versions? I would be glad if they would send me a 722 or 722k that doesn't have this problem, if they are unable to fix:)

I don't know if the DISH IRT will be able to help with this one they are not engineers. :)

From what I understand different bootstraps are used on different motherboard releases used on the receiver. So your father might have an older (or newer) model then you have even though they are both labeled as a 722.

Scott was right about different versions and bootstraps going to different receivers. Normally they are based on "factory" software installed (causing the receiver to follow a particular path of updates) or simply a "test" release to certain boxes starting with numbers xxx to xxy or whatever. If there is a bug, I can send it to engineering and see what they can do about it. I have tech ops looking at it right now though to see if it is a "known" issue yet.

Could you describe the bug BTW? I would like to give them an idea of what they are looking for.

Normally the test release scenario is when there are two software builds active, like 6.72 and 6.74

Last edited:
Scott was right about different versions and bootstraps going to different receivers. Normally they are based on "factory" software installed (causing the receiver to follow a particular path of updates) or simply a "test" release to certain boxes starting with numbers xxx to xxy or whatever. If there is a bug, I can send it to engineering and see what they can do about it. I have tech ops looking at it right now though to see if it is a "known" issue yet.

Could you describe the bug BTW? I would like to give them an idea of what they are looking for.

Normally the test release scenario is when there are two software builds active, like 6.72 and 6.74
The problem is when you browse in a folder with a bunch of shows if you hit the info button for a better description of a show in that folder then hit it again to go to another show in the same folder , the "BUG " is that it sends you out of the folder back to the main list. When the folder option was started it worked fine and you could browse in a folder , since about 3 or so updates to the software ago it started to kick you out of the folder once you looked at 1 show. this has been discussed here a few times and up till today I wasn't sure about the cause. I'm sure it's the boot strap difference that cause's it due to the different chip set, I have an early version of the 722. It really is annoying!

I had this problem and fixed it on my 622 by accident. It was so frustrating that I disabled the folder view. That was more annoying than the "Bug" so I went back to folder view. Now it's fixed. Such an easy fix, who would have thought!

If I group by title it works fine. Only if I create my own groups, then it has the bug. If you go to a show and press info, read it and then press done it throws you back to the beginning. If you group by title and you do the same, pressing done from info just gets you back into the folder where you was before you pressed info. That's why I quit using my own groups. It is annoying as hell.

I had this problem and fixed it on my 622 by accident. It was so frustrating that I disabled the folder view. That was more annoying than the "Bug" so I went back to folder view. Now it's fixed. Such an easy fix, who would have thought!
Wow, that's a real nice find!! Just tried it on my 722 and it's fixed!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)