Audio distortion after FF or rewind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

metalmd

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
Southern California
I just switched back to Direct TV, after 6 months of FIOS service which I was not satisfied with, but am experience a problem I never had before.

It doesn't happen all the time (just often enough to be annoying), after fast forwarding or rewinding, a recorded or live program (in Dolby Digital mode), the sound becomes distorted when hitting the play button. It sort of sounds like Donald Duck talking.

Stopping the recording and/or changing channels doesn't fix the problem. I have to shut off my surround sound receiver (Denon AVR-1603), and turn it back on to fix the problem.

I called Direct TV, and they had me shut off my Dolby Digital, and so far the problem seems to have gone away. But I don't get to listen to anything broadcast in DD.

So is this an issue with my receiver? It is about 7 or 8 years old. Or does this have to do with some software issue in the DVR? or a faulty DVR? Or is it due to some incompatibility issue between my Denon and Direct TV receiver (HR24/100).

It must be related to a software issue because I have had the same issue you are referring to. Seems like it started a few weeks ago. I have not added any new equipment or made any changes to my setup. It's kind of annoying but I haven't tried to do anything to fix it.

Finally someone else who has the problem. It's been 2 days, posting on other forums, and you're the first person to acknowledge a similar problem. No one has offered any advice. Now at least I can call Direct TV, and be somewhat confident it is their problem.

Thanks,

Same here, although I've only noticed it when using Surround Sound.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)