Audio distortion after FF or rewind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

metalmd

Sep 24, 2010
Southern California
I just switched back to Direct TV, after 6 months of FIOS service which I was not satisfied with, but am experience a problem I never had before.

It doesn't happen all the time (just often enough to be annoying), after fast forwarding or rewinding, a recorded or live program (in Dolby Digital mode), the sound becomes distorted when hitting the play button. It sort of sounds like Donald Duck talking.

Stopping the recording and/or changing channels doesn't fix the problem. I have to shut off my surround sound receiver (Denon AVR-1603), and turn it back on to fix the problem.

I called Direct TV, and they had me shut off my Dolby Digital, and so far the problem seems to have gone away. But I don't get to listen to anything broadcast in DD.

So is this an issue with my receiver? It is about 7 or 8 years old. Or does this have to do with some software issue in the DVR? or a faulty DVR? Or is it due to some incompatibility issue between my Denon and Direct TV receiver (HR24/100).

rta53

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 19, 2009
North Carolina
It must be related to a software issue because I have had the same issue you are referring to. Seems like it started a few weeks ago. I have not added any new equipment or made any changes to my setup. It's kind of annoying but I haven't tried to do anything to fix it.

metalmd

Sep 24, 2010
Southern California
Finally someone else who has the problem. It's been 2 days, posting on other forums, and you're the first person to acknowledge a similar problem. No one has offered any advice. Now at least I can call Direct TV, and be somewhat confident it is their problem.

Thanks,

Dirty_D

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 8, 2008
Same here, although I've only noticed it when using Surround Sound.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)